Xbox 360 Gets 4 Week Head Start on New Lara Croft Game

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Xbox 360 Gets 4 Week Head Start on New Lara Croft Game

The first download only Lara Croft game is going to arrive fashionably late on the PlayStation 3 and PC.

The latest Lara Croft game, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, is coming out on XBLA next month, but if you want to play it on your PS3 or PC, you're going to have to wait a little while longer.

As was reported yesterday [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101385-Summer-of-Arcade-Weve-Got-Lara-Croft-and-Castlevania], Guardian of Light will feature as part Microsoft's Summer of Arcade promotion, and in order to participate, developer Crystal Dynamics had to agree to a four week window of exclusivity.

But Crystal Dynamics is keen to get the Guardian of Light on all platforms as soon as it can, and is trying to get concrete dates for the Steam and PS3 releases: "Unlike a disc based title where we can pick our window, you have to go by what the first parties approve and give you a date ... We have requested a specific date and hopefully we'll get that and it's not too long after the 360 SKU."

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light comes out on XBLA on August 18th. Crystal Dynamics says it hopes to have a release date for Steam and PSN in the next seven to ten days.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/lara-croft-a-4-week-360-exclusive]

Jul 22, 2009
Oh you microsoft, back to your old tricks of timed exclusives.

Looking forward to trying this out. Hopefully good enough for me to buy.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
But I thought XBLA was where games go to die A.K.A. The Slaughterhouse, or is that just according to PS3 developers?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, I suppose it happens...some come out earlier than others. At least we 360 owners will get a go first~

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
so is xbla getting it 4 weeks early or is psn and steam getting it 4 weeks late.

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
GamesB2 said:
Oh you microsoft, back to your old tricks of timed exclusives.

Looking forward to trying this out. Hopefully good enough for me to buy.
It's a game with many tactics and both MS and Sony play the hell out of it.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
zombie711 said:
so is xbla getting it 4 weeks early or is psn and steam getting it 4 weeks late.
Both, so they have to wait 8 weeks! Just kidding, XBLA is getting it 4 weeks earlier.