Pumped-Up Plants vs. Zombies Coming to XBLA

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Pumped-Up Plants vs. Zombies Coming to XBLA

PopCap has announced that a souped-up version of Plants vs. Zombies [http://www.popcap.com/games/pvz] is finally coming to Xbox Live Arcade and there's something pretty sweet on the horizon for PC fans, too.

It looks like we may have miscalled it last week when we Xbox Live Arcade [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102013-PopCap-Teases-Plants-vs-Zombies-2].

Expected to come out in early September, Plants vs. Zombies on XBLA will feature a veritable shambling horde of new content, including two new multiplayer modes with competitive and co-op gameplay, 12 Achievements, 21 mini-games and customizable houses to track progress and share with other gamers. Naturally, all 50 levels of the original PvZ adventure mode, featuring the epic struggle between the brain-eating undead hordes and the garden plants who wish they'd just stay off the lawn, will also be included.

Even cooler, later this year Zuma [http://www.popcap.com/] and even cooler than that is the upcoming Game of the Year edition of PvZ for the PC and Mac, a "limited number" of which will come with a zombie figurine. A zombie figurine! I am on that like a cheap steel bucket on a putrefying skull! No word on which zombie it will be, but I'd be a happy camper indeed if I had a bungee jumper zombie swinging around from my ceiling.

Plants vs. Zombies for XBLA will be available for 1200 Microsoft points ($15) while the boxed edition with Peggle and Zuma, as well as the Game of the Year edition for PC, will list for $19.99. As for Plants vs. Zombies 2, August 2 isn't here just yet, so keep your fingers crossed!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Anyone complaining about spending 1200...instead of the supposed "normal" 800 points:

I shall be buying this game again for the 360!

Possibly three times for the figurine!

Edit:

Okay, unlike Braid, this isn't some kind of GAME THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS, but the points still stands that "What else are you planning to do with $15?".

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I hope that August 2nd is an update or an announced update for the PC version that gives us the multiplayer and that other fun stuff...

Jun 26, 2009
Cool. I'll get it. Before I only had the Ipod version but I do belive they removed some content from that. Here's hoping for an anoucement fo PvZ2!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Will want boxes edition! That's great! And co-op? Fantastic!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I'm totally spring for the boxed edition. Hell, I already have the boxed edition but I want the figurine!

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
The irony is that I was watching the videos that the composer uploaded today.

But anyways, I'd wonder what other plans there are for this game.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
finally! =]
oh wait September...er...money being used that month for Reach
well another $15 well spent couldn't hurt xD

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Anyone complaining about spending 1200...instead of the supposed "normal" 800 points:

I shall be buying this game again for the 360!

Possibly three times for the figurine!

Edit:

Okay, unlike Braid, this isn't some kind of GAME THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS, but the points still stands that "What else are you planning to do with $15?".
Plants Vs. Zombies matters. It matters A LOT.

OP: YAAAAYYY!!!!!
Now I don't have to use my crappy PC version that constantly crashes!

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
The person in the picture is fucked. The swimming zombies are just going to swim straight through and eat their brains.
But anyway.

I don't have a 360
BUT
If this encourages them to make a bona fide sequel, I'll be very happy indeedy.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
From the amount of good thing I've been hearing about this game I'll probably pick it up...

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Plants Vs Zombies? On the 360?

YESH!
http://www.usaplayers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/tiger-woods-fist-pump.jpg

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Meh, as nice as it sounds I don't see a reason to buy the game again. I'm still holding my breath for PvZ 2, otherwise an article I'm working on will be a little stupid sounding.

Spacemike

Jun 25, 2010
I'll definitely be getting this for 360, but what I'm really looking forward to is the zombie figurine. Heck, I hope they make a whole line of figurines complete with my favorite one: Digger Zombie.
Khaiseri said:
The irony is that I was watching the videos that the composer uploaded today.

But anyways, I'd wonder what other plans there are for this game.
Haha, me too! I flipped out when I went online today and saw the sunflower singing "Still Alive." It's a Portal-PvZ crossover!

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Here's the thing: you can only buy Microsoft points in increments of $20. Which means that after you buy your game that matters, you're left with 5 dollars, which buys you jack shit. Conventionally, you'd think to save it, but then that means you have to buy another $20 in order to make enough to actually buy something decent, and there's not that much that's decent on XBLA, so you end up with unused points and wasted money. The system is ridiculous and is one of the reasons Microsoft is fantastically rich.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Colonel Alzheimer said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Here's the thing: you can only buy Microsoft points in increments of $20. Which means that after you buy your game that matters, you're left with 5 dollars, which buys you jack shit. Conventionally, you'd think to save it, but then that means you have to buy another $20 in order to make enough to actually buy something decent, and there's not that much that's decent on XBLA, so you end up with unused points and wasted money. The system is ridiculous and is one of the reasons Microsoft is fantastically rich.
What planet are you living on?

I just bought 400 points this morning! And ONLY 400 points.

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Colonel Alzheimer said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
What planet are you living on?

I just bought 400 points this morning! And ONLY 400 points.
One without a credit card...
So it appears my complaint mainly applies to me, and most people have no clue what I'm talking about.
Fuck.