Create a Life-Sized Paper Clone of Yourself

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Create a Life-Sized Paper Clone of Yourself

Genetic cloning doesn't exist yet, but there's no reason why you can't clone yourself using paper instead.

The government unfortunately doesn't want us to clone ourselves so we can harvest organs and take a few days off from work here and there. Luckily, we can get a taste of what it'd be like to have a clone thanks to a set of instructions [http://www.instructables.com/id/Project-Paper-clone/] that teach us how to create a life-sized papercraft doppelganger.

It's not easy, so make sure you've got a full week of free time and enough money to buy all of the components. You'll need lots of paper of course, but also photos of yourself from all perspectives, skills with 3D modeling and image editing programs, and various other components. It might also be useful to have a friend help out. Just make sure you kill him afterward so your secret remains safe.

The project creator's clone might not look like an exact copy, but I think it could fool an employer for a day or two. Just keep it under your desk and bring it out when you need a nap. It could also be used as a friend for those terrible lonely times. A paper clone has plenty of good uses, if you can stand its unflinching stare day after day. If you wake up in the middle of the night and something is standing over you while you sleep, it's probably time to break out the scissors.

Source: Instructables [http://www.instructables.com/id/Project-Paper-clone/]

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
YES! With this can finally i can sneak of classes and take a nap. Glory to the paper clones!

Mukil

Mar 23, 2010
They should have made the clone wear a white shirt saying Made Of Paper, like the real person

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
Thay is both creepy and really awesome. Its amazing what they can do with paper.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
If only my scissor skill was higher!

I would have some devious uses for this at work! Hehe

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Mukil said:
They should have made the clone wear a white shirt saying Made Of Paper, like the real person
I see what you did thar.

I think that I would be too creeped out by it, cos when you think about it, an unblinking unchanging version of yourself would just be terrifying...I mean think of the horror film potential!

I would use it as a human shield.

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
I am planning on doing it and possibly having him stand on the side of the bed, but not mine.

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
8bitmaster said:
I am planning on doing it and possibly having him stand on the side of the bed, but not mine.
Food for thought.

A full week? You mean the whole 168 hours of it straight right?
Given that a pokemon about the size of a soccer ball took me rough a month of 1-2 hours sessions a night to assemble.

Billygoat

Keyblade Master
Jul 11, 2009
Great, now I can pretend to be giving a speech in front of my faithful legion of mute warriors.