Taiwanese Animation Strikes Back at Darth Jobs' iPhone

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Taiwanese Animation Strikes Back at Darth Jobs' iPhone

I don't care whether you like Apple products or hate them: This Star Wars-inspired retelling of the Foxconn suicides and the iPhone 4 leak/arrest/antennagate is the most hilarious Apple-related video I've seen in ages.

It's hard to deny that Apple is a major player in the tech world [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100962-Apple-Passes-Microsoft-as-Most-Valuable-Technology-Company] these days, though the company has had more than its fair share of scandals even as its stock has skyrocketed.

Suicides at the Foxconn plant in China charged with making iPhones (lost its iPhone 4 prototype in a bar [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101014-Suicides-Spur-Nintendo-Sony-and-Others-to-Investigate-Foxconn], and the police raided the house of a Gizmodo editor over the fiasco. And then there was the recent issue with the iPhone 4's antenna, which didn't function properly if someone was touching it - which was pretty much all the time.

That's pretty much all you need to know to properly appreciate the above video, courtesy of Taiwanese news organization NextMedia [http://tw.nextmedia.com/]. NMA's animated video illustrates all of Jobs' troubles ... under the pretext that he's a Sith Lord who truly earned his power after defeating Darth Gates in single combat. I'm not going to spoil the rest, because it honestly just keeps getting better and better as you go on.

There's an English-annotated version here [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNSHA3FBW2U&annotation_id=annotation_763808&feature=iv], but honestly? I think it's funnier without knowing what they're actually saying: The video speaks for itself.

So, Steve Jobs is a Sith Lord. That explains so much.

(As found by GeorgePalmer)

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
It all makes sense now. Bill Gates was the master, Steve Jobs was the apprentice, he defeated hi master in combat, and now he's the sith lord. Although now he needs an apprentice - Larry Page? (The google guy)

Although I'm a little sad that I can't afford this new chunk of dark side technology...

Kazedarkwind

Inner Working Reviewer
Nov 18, 2009
ahh.....anyone else really confused?,

still funny but that character looks more like Gates XD

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
"Your operating system is weak nerdy man"!

Jobs has a really wicked laugh, the ultimate villain cackle

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
I find such videos really offensive. You see, it's this kind of comparison, that gives all of us Sith' a bad name. We're just evil, no need to compare us to someone as bad as that, mmmhkay?

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Waw, that was a lot of Bills from Accounting falling...

Anyway, hilarious video. However, I wouldn't say that Apple beat Microsoft. On the contrary, by redirecting their efforts into a completely different market and making their hardware compatible for Windows users, I think Jobs preety much admitted the fact that he was beat in terms of the personal computer market. However, it is undeniable that Apple is better off for recognising this fact and redirecting their efforts elsewhere.

oranger

May 27, 2008
and yet somehow, apple looks great even now when compared to that mad, mad OS they call "windows"

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Reminds me of the BBC reporter who broke an unbreakable phone and he did in four whacks.

[/youtube]

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I see Taiwan is trying to out-mind-fuck Japan. It's working so far.

wooty said:
"Your operating system is weak nerdy man"!

Jobs has a really wicked laugh, the ultimate villain cackle
Jobs IS a proper Bond Villain though:

-penchant for black polonecks
-mysterious physical ailment
-incredible wealth and power
-Oppressive and controlling business model
-Extremely secretive
-Connections with Red China
-legions of fanatical supporters
-this fucking picture:

"Meeeister Bond... "

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
Im trying to think of an "I am your father" joke but no luck yet. But if iphones are the dark side does that make Droid phones the light side?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
That's amazing! There must have been a lot of work put in this piece of sillyness. Job's solution to the Iphone's bad reception is so simple, I don't know how people didn't thought of it sooner!

My favourite thing is how the press conference is set on 'somewhere over Cupertino, California'. Nothing like implying a flying secret base.