Critical Miss: #22

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Umm... I'm not sure I get it.

Could someone explain this comic to me (beyond explaining what games are being referenced).

EDIT: Also, I see a typo in the first frame! I"ve instead I've

Duffy13

May 18, 2009
It's a turn on the quote from the baddie's final monologue in Blade Runner:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die."

I think I feel old.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Sinclose said:
Duffy13 said:
It's a turn on the quote from the baddie's final monologue in Blade Runner.

I think I feel old.
You're not the only one. I haven't even seen that movie and I recognize the joke and the video game reference =-(
Which game? I'm as confused as the rest of the comments...

Duffy13

May 18, 2009
Tharwen said:
Sinclose said:
Duffy13 said:
It's a turn on the quote from the baddie's final monologue in Blade Runner.

I think I feel old.
You're not the only one. I haven't even seen that movie and I recognize the joke and the video game reference =-(
Which game? I'm as confused as the rest of the comments...
To anyone else confused:
The quotes structure is from Blade Runner as I mentioned above, the game references are Star Craft and Quake 3 and the end parts are more obviously a Duck Hunt joke.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I am confused.

Not at the comic. I'm confused that so many people missed the Blade Runner reference.

Blade Runner isn't that old, is it?

EDIT: I count 8 comments so far that didn't get the reference.

Now I'm sad. I'll probably cuddle up in the sofa with my Blade Runner Final Cut Edition on Blu-Ray later to forget about the sacrilege that has transpired here today.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I am sorely disappointed in the number of people who've not seen Blade Runner. Sorely. Disappointed.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
I've seen it the movie once. I enjoyed it. But I don't remember everything about the thing. Forgive me, my memory isn't infinite.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Nimzar said:
I've seen it the movie once. I enjoyed it. But I don't remember everything about the thing. Forgive me, that my memory isn't infinite.
"Tears in rain" is one of the greatest moments in cinema history.

Forgetting that scene is like forgetting "I am your father" from an Empire Strikes Back.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
I've seen blade runner a few times, and read Do Androids Dream..., but I missed that reference. I assume this comic is supposed to follow from the last one.

Oh well, the art is pretty.

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
How can people not know this classic Blade Runner quote? Terrible.

Here's the video for those who are too lazy to find it:

Also Duck Hunt works surprisingly well in this situation.