Batman: TAS Actors Reprise Roles in DC Universe Online

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Batman: TAS Actors Reprise Roles in DC Universe Online

Before he hangs up the purple suit for the last time, Mark Hamill will be reprising his role as the Joker, and he'll be joined by other Batman: The Animated Series veterans as well as the Man They Call Jayne.

Back in May, we learned that Mark "Luke Skywalker" Hamill would be ending his days as the voice of Batman's iconic nemesis [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100959-Mark-Hamills-Days-as-Arkham-Asylum-Joker-Numbered] with the upcoming Batman: Arkham Asylum 2. However, he'll be doing one more round as the Joker before he calls it quits: Sony Online has announced that Hamill will be reprising his role as the Clown Prince of Crime for the upcoming DC Universe Online.

Hamill will be joined once again by Kevin Conroy in the role of the Joker's eternal adversary Batman. Conroy previously voiced Batman opposite Hamill's joker in the classic Batman: The Animated Series and, more recently, the critically lauded Batman: Arkham Asylum.

While Hamill and Conroy are the Joker and Batman for every kid who grew up during the 1990s (no offense to Christian Bale and Heath Ledger), they won't be joined by their Superman in DCU. Instead of calling back Tim Daily, SOE has enlisted the vocal work of Adam Baldwin, best known to nerds for his role as tough-guy gun-for-hire Jayne Cobb on Firefly and (to a lesser degree) his role as villain Hamilton on Angel.

So, we may not have the animated Superman, but the Man They Call Jayne is a pretty darn good tradeoff. And if Baldwin will be joined by arguably the most iconic Batman and Joker this side of Adam West, I don't think any of us will have anything to complain about.

(G4TV [http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706380/Kevin-Conroy-and-Mark-Hamill-Reprise-Roles-Of-Batman-And-Joker-In-DC-Universe-Online.html])

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Excuse me for one second.

[HEADING=1]HOLYFUCKINGSHITTHISISSOFUCKINGAWESOMEICANNOTWAIT
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG[/HEADING]

Ahum...

So, this is good news!

EDIT: Can we have Nathan Fillion as someone as well?

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Adam Baldwin? That man is the true hero of Firefly. GTFO, Nathan Fillion, I'll take this sack of man any day.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008

[HEADING=1]THE EPICNESS!!!![/HEADING]

Now I have to play this game. Just have to. Sure the Joker looks more revolting than aver in this, but with Hamill's voice it will be an awesome Joker. And Harley, hehehehe oh sweet Harley...

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Are you sure you want jayne...he does backstab people more time them the TF2 spy.

Also, I feel sorry for Kevin conroy, Name one role he did without doing batman. At least Mark gets some new roles now and then. I could be wrong about Conroy roles though.

Oh well, LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED KIDDIES!

jerrrry

I Miss Doraleous.
Oct 26, 2009
Does Baldwin get no notoriety for the show he's currently on, Chuck? It's a pretty funny show and I think it's moderately popular since it's being brought back for a 3rd season last I heard. He's quite good on it (as he was in Firefly).

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
So Mr.Blandy McGenero Man is going to be the next 'legend', doubt it. Still, I've been playing the City of Heroes trial recently, and while it hasn't done enough to suck me in, it -has- got me into the superhero MMO mindset.

I -really- hope this comes out good, as far as comic book universes go, the DC universe is tops, with a million little details they can expand upon and let us explore.

As for Mr.Conroy, check IMDB, he's got quite a list in both animation and live action, also...MATLOCK:

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Captain Pancake said:
Adam Baldwin? That man is the true hero of Firefly. GTFO, Nathan Fillion, I'll take this sack of man any day.
Everything Adam Baldwin is in is fucking awesome. Firefly, Chuck, Full Metal Jacket, Mass Effect 2, Serenity etc. Hoping this game will keep the streak going

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Sweeeet~ Something to look forward to in temrs of batman! And in DC Universe too...so im happy!

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Not gonna lie, I don't think "superman" when I hear Adam Baldwin talk, awesome as he may be.

-m

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
jerrrry said:
Does Baldwin get no notoriety for the show he's currently on, Chuck? It's a pretty funny show and I think it's moderately popular since it's being brought back for a 3rd season last I heard. He's quite good on it (as he was in Firefly).
Adam Baldwin's performances in existing DC work (he does Superman in Doomsday) are somehow equally less than a blip on the nerd-o-meter. Yes, it makes me sad that Animal Mother had to be 'softened up' for television audiences before he got noticed.

I'll save my "Joss Whedon and JJ Abrams can go coexist in a place of unspeakable horror" rant for later; I'm too damn excited about the potential awesome of a DC MMO that doesn't suck.

rpspartin

Aug 4, 2009
okay first let me say that I thought it meant batman: the abridged series at first. I personally don't mind mostly because I didn't go up with these guys as their respective voices, but it is good to know that at the very least we are getting someone who is used to the role.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Yeah... ive got to say this is a very very good thing. It isnt the first time, because there have been several batman animated incarnations that didnt have conroy/hamill/sorkin doing the voice overs, and honestly, those three embody those personalities better than anyone has.

The new batman STV movie "Batman: Under the red hood" is a perfect example. The voice talent that was used certainly did a passable job... but it sincerely just didnt feel right. The concern is, any of these people (im looking at you hamill) who are lending their voice to DCUO but stating this will be the last time, create an odd problem related to the nature of MMO. If the game gets an expansion, and I figure it likely will, Will they continue to do the voice work for their chars? or is it only related to the Initial release?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Shiny.

The City of Heroes players have been asking for a voice addon pack since its release, Cryptic said it was too expensive. I wonder how much it cost to make DC:UO?

Phase_9

Oct 18, 2008
Actually, they probably called in Baldwin because he was the voice of Superman in the animated movie, Superman/Doomsday. But I would prefer Tim Daly or even Mark Harmon (did a terrific job in the Crisis on Two Earths Movies) or Kyle MacLachlan (did well despite a poor set of lines and slightly boring characterization in Justice League: New Frontier)

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
GothmogII said:
So Mr.Blandy McGenero Man is going to be the next 'legend', doubt it. Still, I've been playing the City of Heroes trial recently, and while it hasn't done enough to suck me in, it -has- got me into the superhero MMO mindset.

I -really- hope this comes out good, as far as comic book universes go, the DC universe is tops, with a million little details they can expand upon and let us explore.

As for Mr.Conroy, check IMDB, he's got quite a list in both animation and live action, also...MATLOCK:

You back off, you two-bit lawyer! That's Bruce Wayne you're talking to!

I think I might actually compile a cd of Kevin Conroy just speaking and fall asleep to it...

He's got a really soothing voice on the one hand, yet when he plays Batman... what a transformation! :D

I'm delighted he's involved in the project with Mark Hamill- the two make a brilliant combination!

Shame about Tim Dailey, but Mr. Cobb will do nicely.
I vote Wash (Alan Tudyk) for The Riddler!