Prototype's Stylish, Bloody Opening Cinematic

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Prototype's Stylish, Bloody Opening Cinematic

[gametrailers=49000]

Developer Radical Entertainment has unveiled the opening cinematic from its upcoming action title Prototype handily demonstrating the game's affection for stylish violence and intense gore.

As the video's age gate would have you believe, the content included in the clip is a bit on the risqué side -- not for sexual content, but instead for the title's obvious affection for disemboweling and decapitation.

Needless to say, unless you're a butcher or happen to work as a consultant for Blackwater, the imagery included in the cinematic isn't exactly safe for work.

For the rest of you however, the clip is a damn exciting look at a game that may reverse the trend of terrible superhero-based games. From the archaic Marvel comics games of the NES to the infamous Superman 64, games based on superpowered humans have regularly been awful.

Hopefully blending open-world freedom with intense action and violent exsanguination can make Prototype an enjoyable romp when it hits the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on June 9.

LoopyDood

Dec 13, 2008
I looks like it will be a lot of fun. I'll be sure to get it, my birthday is on the 18th.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
It looks good, but I still have my doubts. Any word on an Australian release?
If they are going by the "rock band" strategy expect it in two years time, sorry, crap joke.

I must say it looks cool, although why does he want to make them pay, its probably the best thing that happened to him. Chances are he was a used car salesman before he got all his powers.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Considering the above content, calling him a superhero might be a bit much. Superpsycho, maybe.
Seems abit superfleous doesn't it?, at least inFamous there's a genuine sense of purpose to the character, well so far it seems...

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I'm already saving money for this game... It's going to be freakin' awesome.

Of course, not a pre-order. But that's only because I don't know who's selling the game in Poland ;p

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
an apparently xenomorphic version of the quicksilver terminator in a post apocalyptic zombie infested New York...My cynical side tells me this clip will be the best part of the game.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Imagine Krauser from RE4, the mutation is not limited to his arm, and is fully playable.

Using cars as trampolines should be a game mechanic! I want cars that can be used to boost my jumps!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
ColdStorage said:
I must say it looks cool, although why does he want to make them pay
I don't think dying is the most pleasant experience he ever had...
This is true, but also because maybe he's like Sylar from Heroes? He's technically dead, now he HAS TO kill and consume other human beings. Seems logical to me - his stomach no longer works, but his body is hungry. And he can absorb memories, abilities... and I guess that life force, too.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
ColdStorage said:
I must say it looks cool, although why does he want to make them pay
I don't think dying is the most pleasant experience he ever had...
Yeah but, he doesn't remember a thing, so for all he knows he just got knocked out quite badly and he's got extravagant super powers, I'm not the sort of person who holds a grudge so I'd embrace it and save hot chicks all day long as opposed to try and take on the military.... you know, I might get hurt doing that shit.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
This does like quite good. Being a powered up revenge seeking psychopath ? hell yeah :D
I really like the disguise thing especially if the rumour is true that you can grab and spin round with an enemy then get his team to shoot him down for you.

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
ColdStorage said:
Yeah but, he doesn't remember a thing, so for all he knows he just got knocked out quite badly and he's got extravagant super powers, I'm not the sort of person who holds a grudge so I'd embrace it and save hot chicks all day long as opposed to try and take on the military.... you know, I might get hurt doing that shit.
The military want him dead, and as the trailer proves, they also shoot all the beuatiful women, so there are none left to save.

Let's not forget the whole virus centred zombie apocalypse here...

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Pi_Fighter said:
ColdStorage said:
The military want him dead, and as the trailer proves, they also shoot all the beuatiful women, so there are none left to save.

Let's not forget the whole virus centred zombie apocalypse here...
OH! your right!.
I'd totally bone the army for killing blondes wearing stockings, I'm buying the game, and making sure they pay dearly!.

Who needs Duke Nukem aye?