LittleBigPlanet 2 May Have the Best Collector's Edition Ever

gregoryg

Mad Scientist
Jul 13, 2010
LittleBigPlanet 2 May Have the Best Collector's Edition Ever

A limited edition package for LittleBigPlanet 2 comes packed with a plush Sackboy and a plethora of other goodies.

Celebrating the fact that its latest game, [http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-2-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0K780/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1279899997&sr=1-1], has passed the "alpha" stage, developer Media Molecule has revealed that the platformer will hit stores on November 16th. Arriving one the shelves the same day as the regular version of the game is what, for LittleBigPlanet fans at least, could be one of the most coveted collector's editions to date.

The LittleBigPlanet 2 deluxe edition comes packed with a number of collectable items, the most exciting of which is a seven-inch plush version of the series' mascot, Sackboy. Gamers looking to add a little bit of decoration to their shelf of PS3 games might enjoy the massive LittleBigPlanet-themed bookends packed with the set. Purchasers will also be given eleven different in-game costumes, including the alien from Toy Story, Clu from the upcoming TRON: Legacy, the stars of Jak and Daxter [http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-Future-Crack-Playstation-3/dp/B00275A7LI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279899122&sr=8-1], Gonzo of The Muppets, and four animal costumes. Along with those, purchasers will also receive five exclusive PlayStation Network avatars.

For gamers that want LittleBigPlanet 2 but aren't necessarily sold on the box set, a number of the in-game costumes will be available as pre-order incentives from three different retailers. Amazon buyers will receive Ratchet and Clank, Best Buy purchasers get the Toy Story alien, and Gamestop pre-orderers will be given the TRON costume. No matter which retailer you choose, you will also receive an additional four costumes from Even More Animals: a cobra, vulture, mandrill and crocodile.

The LittleBigPlanet 2 collector's edition will cost $79.99 and, due to the cost of producing the physical items, will only be released in a limited run. The set is currently only confirmed for the United States, but a comment on Sony's blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/07/23/littlebigplanet-2-updates-official-date-and-retail-goodness/] promised similar announcements for Europe, Canada, and Latin America.

If you are attending the San Diego Comic Con this week and want to take a closer look at the game, Sony will be showing off LittleBigPlanet 2 and giving away t-shirts at its booth.

Source: playstation.blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/07/23/littlebigplanet-2-updates-official-date-and-retail-goodness/]

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
I must have this.

Going to my local game store tomorrow to pre-order!
I can hardly wait.

Friggin awesome!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Same game, for more money, with other useless crap thrown in.

I will never understand collector's editions.

[small]Although I will be buying Mafia 2's, but you guys should understand why by now.[/small]

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
PLEASE say this is in the UK too. I want a Sackboy!

Calumon: I... wait Jack you aren't replacing me, are you?

Jack: Heck, no. I just want something that's cute and doesn't demand food every half...

Calumon: Your boring. Got any cake?

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'm really not liking these retailer specific preorder bonuses, but then again, none of those costumes really interest me. Plus I still haven't gotten around to playing the first LBP. It came with my PS3 and I played it on PSP a little, but still haven't tried the PS3 version. And so far New Vegas is my first and maybe only collectors edition.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Is there any way we can buy the sackboy on his own? It's so cute.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Woah, that is a pretty damn impressive CE. And all that for just 20 extra bucks? That's a steal!

If only I would actually like LittleBigPlanet. Sorry, I'm just not creative enough for this, and 2 basically looks like WarioWare on steroids.
Woodsey said:
Same game, for more money, with other cool crap thrown in.
Fixed that for you.

I friggin' love my Ezio figurine from the AC2 Black Edition, it looks very neat and makes for great geek decoration. The neat art book is also a joy to look through, to see how the game came to life. Same counts for the BioShock 2 CE, it's just a shame that I didn't get the chance to play that record yet.

Also, your mention of a Mafia 2 CE has intrigued me. I shall now go and look for it.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
The only way I'll get this is if you can't get the Jak & Daxter costumes on their own. If you can, then I don't really need this because I have a sackboy of my own.

CovertCell

Nov 4, 2009
Nice bundle, but not something I really want. Need to see more of what the game will offer first before i even decide on buying the normal edition.

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
The Gonzo suit sold me on this. I'm sure he'll probably end up being separate DLC, but I don't particularly care right now.

It's GONZO.