Hands on: Fable III

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Hands on: Fable III

Playing Fable III is a lot like Fables I and II, only better, stronger and a little more modern.

Read Full Article

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
...I like brits wearing stockings too...It's one of my endless kinks.

I always wonder how the game will do on PC, what the control layout will be, would we have to drag people with the moust or tab button?

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Dr. wonderful said:
I always wonder how the game will do on PC, what the control layout will be, would we have to drag people with the moust or tab button?
Good question. They've been pretty tight-lipped on a PC release at all, so I imagine that it will come out months later like it did for Fable 2.

The version I played was on the Xbox 360.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Just like Fable 1 and 2, they said they wanted to do more then they could actually do. I think they already scraped the Kinect part, first it was a total Kinect game, then it was with Kinect elements, I haven't seen a word in months. They also wanted RTS type stuff, wonder how much of that they actually kept.

Oh and please cut out the part in this game like the previous two where you get imprisoned for years, just doesn't make good story telling.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
I liked Fable 2. It was just too short, had bad character development and not enough side quests.

Also, it was way too easy to get people to like you. Waaaay too easy.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
Skeleton Jelly said:
I liked Fable 2. It was just too short, had bad character development and not enough side quests.

Also, it was way too easy to get people to like you. Waaaay too easy.
Yeah it was. I practically had the village women throwing their pantaloons at me!

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
Thank god this game is looking good. I was gonna get it regardless, what with me being helplessly caught up by Molyneux's infectious enthuiasm and all, so hearing that it's going well is really good news

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
Daipire said:
I'm so happy right now :D

I'm such a fanboy...
QFT.
I want this game so badly now!
As much as I like the first a LOT, it did lack that seamless combat I am now frantically crossing the days off my calendar to get to.
I just want to be able to carve someone up, while holding a fireball in my hands, then as I hurl it, load a couple of rounds into some poor goon on the other side of the room, outside of the fireball's blast radius.

My mind has given me a movie, and IT'S AWESOME!

I do like the idea of owning a store, and having to manage it occasionally, even though it might get a bit tedious when you own a town's worth of shops over the entire world and have to keep going back and forth...

And dragging people everywhere!
This'll be fun!
Drag them all into your house, then when they're al there, put it up for rent!
Or you could just murder them all and arrange their bodies in a massive hand giving the camera the finger :D

My mind is one WEIRD thing...
And I like it.

Beastialman

Sep 9, 2009
I actually played Fable 1 and had a great time with it, please note I had heard nothing about the game before hand. It's still one of my favorite games.

I then played Fable 2, it was process heavy on the 360, chugged up quite a bit, also glitchy. My first game glitched up near the end and thus I was unable to continue and had to start the whole game over again. One thing it did right though was the multiplayer.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ive got alot of faith, and hope in Fable3...and really hope it will live up to it on release...it has alot to prove after 2

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
I am excited about fable 3, just the fables all sort of never lived quite up the hype, I wasnt aware of the hype about fable 1 at the time, due to not having internet, so to me it felt like a great game, but we know what the hype is now, fable 2 would've been great if it wasnt for the gaping plot holes, the inability to die and the end.

I'm trying not to get caught up in this one, just in case, now I don't think Molenoux does it on purpose, I feel he does guenuinly believe and want to do the stuff he says, just in the end they run out of money or tech and it reflects badly on him due to his over enthusiasticness, but you can't really fault him for that, at least he's trying to be genuine and enthusastic about gaming unlike some people.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
That seduce/divorce mission piqued my interest, showing how you can be nasty or nice with your mission objectives.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
It doesn't sound like you saw much that wasn't in Fable 2, even the mission sounds like one in Fable 2, except there the girlfriend was a ghost trying to break the husband's heart.
I'll be buying it though, I have faith in Molyneux to note where things went wrong and adjust them accordingly.

They better have the ability to attack children though. That makes me sound like a horrible person, but even if I never did it in Fable 2, the lack of the option felt world-breaking to me.

hobo_welf

Aug 15, 2008
It's never a good idea to judge a game after drinking. They always seem better. Even when they're not. Although the fact that you were drinking gin probably has a direct link to how funny you find John Cleese. If I'd been a little liquored up, I'd have probably done the same thing ie, sit at the menu trying to get him to say "Ni! Ni!"