Advertisement Gives Lego People Intricate Tattoos

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Advertisement Gives Lego People Intricate Tattoos

An advertising campaign for a new line of fine-tipped pens has proven how fine they really are by giving Lego people tattoos.

It seems like a tattoo would be really hard to engrave even on a normal sized person. That's why I'm so amazed by the intricate tattoos featured in a pen advertisement, which are extremely detailed considering that they're drawn onto Lego people.

A Lego person is a couple of inches tall on a good day, so it's not exactly easy to draw a dragon, skull, or Harley Davidson logo on the arm of one. Seemingly, that's just what Barcelona's Grey advertising agency did to promote a line of Pilot's extra-fine tipped pens. These tattoos aren't simple either, so if they were really drawn on with pens, they're amazing. Even if they weren't, tattooed Lego people are way cooler than non-tattooed Lego people.

The series of six Lego person images can be found here [http://flavorwire.com/106769/strange-but-true-tattooed-legos]. As far as creativity in advertising goes, this is at the top of my personal list. I mean, come on, anybody that gives a Lego person a tramp stamp should be patted on the back and wholeheartedly commended.

Source: Boing Boing [http://flavorwire.com/106769/strange-but-true-tattooed-legos]

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
That is pretty damn impressing.

Now I just need to think of an excuse to buy one of these pens.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Sad how this brilliant idea is really just an add and not some ultracool gallery exhibit for some pretentious artist. Actually I guess i prefer the ad.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
I know what I am getting for next school year. New clothes. Anyways I want this pen as a drawing pen. I think it would be awesome.

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
I call BS, there is no way that pen can get than small of lines. I must get one of these and try it though.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
I don't know whether to call that incredibly impressive or an incredible waste of time, maybe a little of both

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
qbanknight said:
I don't know whether to call that incredibly impressive or an incredible waste of time, maybe a little of both
Both, no question. The lego guys are still awesome, and I do want on of those pens just to fool with. Stupid advertisements making me want stuff.

porschecm2

Jun 5, 2009
Impressive, if indeed they did that with the pen. However, after opening them in PS and examining them closely, I'm reasonably confident they're photoshopped. Still awesome, however.

Cm2

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
If they really did that with those pens, that's pretty awesome.

porschecm2 said:
Impressive, if indeed they did that with the pen. However, after opening them in PS and examining them closely, I'm reasonably confident they're photoshopped. Still awesome, however.

Cm2
How do we know you aren't just this guy [http://xkcd.com/331/]?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
From the new Prison Break Lego set.

Oka, I'm sure i wasnt the first to be that original.

anyway, I'd be afraid to break the tip when i write if its that fine.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
porschecm2 said:

Cm2
*Sigh* I was afraid of that. Anyways, I came here to tell everyone that if they discovered these were Photoshopped, that I don't want to know.

Jerk

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
qbanknight said:
How is it a waste of time when the artists get paid money for doing it?

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
My god that must have taken some time to draw!

And high requirements for a steady hand..