Critical Miss: #23

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Top score, my man. Top score.

I always found it ridiculous how overglorified the cannon fodder was.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Dammit, the image is borked for me...

I'll assume that the comic is as funny as always anyway.

EDIT: Okay, now it's working, and yes it is.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
awesomeClaw said:
What? I´m sorry, but i don´t get it. Could someone explain to me, please?
Not a StarCraft player here, but I think it refers to how the Terran gets zerg-rushed. I assume "hell, it's about time" is a 'trademark line' so to say, of this particular Terran character, the guy with the cigar..

Tomtitan

Jun 7, 2010
LOL! 11/10!

It's so true though...

It's referencing the opening cinematic, which laboriously shows the main character getting a Marine suit put on (which he then stays in for the rest of the game), the cutscene ending with him saying 'it's about time'. But of course, as anyone who has played multiplayer will testify, one marine will be killed pretty quickly by a swarm of Zerglings.

For the swarm!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I still get shivers at that video. But yeah, with all that armor one marine is just goo inside a can waiting for a Zerg can opener to come along. At least now we have a class that can hop out of the way.
DynamicPenguin said:
Is it weird that I get 3 Zealot rushed more often then I get Zerg rushed?
No, it has happened to me before. With the cost of zealots I have to think the player manages to warp time and harvest what they need before the game actually begins. :) But then again the Protoss are all about warping things.

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
Tomtitan said:
LOL! 11/10!

It's so true though...

It's referencing the opening cinematic, which laboriously shows the main character getting a Marine suit put on (which he then stays in for the rest of the game), the cutscene ending with him saying 'it's about time'. But of course, as anyone who has played multiplayer will testify, one marine will be killed pretty quickly by a swarm of Zerglings.

For the swarm!
Wall off, problem solved.

Jamer508

Aug 2, 2009
It is true that you can fly with the Terran units. But the truth be told you need to address your choke points quickly or almost any player who has had the game longer than 2 days will rush you. Rushing is incredibly easy to stop and counter. Create a large defensive force at your bases choke point behind a barrier. The funny thing about Zerg is the fact that they cant create an affective barrier to prevent you from entering their base for at least 7 minutes. good Zerg players stick with quick defensive units along with air as soon as possible. Being Zerg rushed when your Terran means you need to learn about choke points and learn how to get the "training day" achievement. The comic was funny though, very true. That's my two cents.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Tomtitan said:
LOL! 11/10!

It's so true though...

For the swarm!
Oh, so it's one of those things that's only funny if you're familiar with the series.

*polite chuckle for the effort*

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
it just looks like the whole RTS-with-cinematics doesn't make any kind of sense.

Jamer508

Aug 2, 2009
Well I dont see my post some im going to try again. I enjoyed the comic its very true. Easy fix though, especially if your terran. Build the barracks at your initial choke point then 1 sup depot and then start cranking out marines to shoot them will they hack at the depot your repairing with your scv. After they are defeated with that, research shield and train 4 marauders. At this point your be maybe 11 minutes into the game or more and they still will not have air if they rushed you at the beginning. take all your units with a single weapons upgrade most likely still in progress and send them to the base and for get about them. Pay attention to your base while you create air defense and start pumping out thors :). If your initial counter group doesn't destroy him a second counter group of thors and maruaders should do it. I wish medics were so quickly available in multiplayer. I hate waiting for my starport to heal my damn marines.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
McMarbles said:
Tomtitan said:
LOL! 11/10!

It's so true though...

For the swarm!
Oh, so it's one of those things that's only funny if you're familiar with the series.

*polite chuckle for the effort*
Better than last week's where you had to have watched Blade Runner and remember a specific quote to get the joke. Hell, I on'y got introduced to blade runner cause of my dadm abnd I forgot the quote cause it was how many years ago?

I just didn't understand this one at first becuase it almost looks like the monsters are dead, so by the time he appears the war is over