Pre-Order Fable 3, Receive a Person

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Pre-Order Fable 3, Receive a Person

The pre-order bonus for Fable 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Fable-III-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0JGDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1280774138&sr=8-1 ] is a little bit more ambulatory than you might have been expecting.

It's not unusual to get some piece of special content in exchange for pre-ordering a game, maybe a snazzy suit of armor or a cool new weapon. Fable 3 is doing things a little bit differently though, as rather than handing out some shiny trinket, it's giving players the chance to add an NPC to the game.

Players will be able to name their NPC, decide what they look like, and shape their personality. The NPC is confined to its maker's version of the game, but those who want to share their creations can do so via Twitter or Facebook. According to Microsoft's Major Nelson, there are 2000 different visual combinations for the character, so you're almost certainly going to be able to get him or her looking the way you want. As yet, no specific retailers have been named for the bonus, but that's likely to change in the near future.

It's certainly an unusual incentive, but an interesting one all the same. There are a lot of things you can do with a custom-built NPC, from creating the perfect spouse, to recreating yourself, or even inventing a crazy woodland hermit unique to your game. It's probably for the best that it's limited to just one character though, as otherwise you could lose days making entire villages.

Fable 3 is due for release on October 26th for PC and Xbox 360.

Source: Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64969]

Frapple

Sep 7, 2007
I've been tricked by Fable pre-orders before. No thanks!

Definitely getting it on release though, love em!

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Well, it makes sense for them to come up with an awesome pre-order bonus, because otherwise very few would pre-order it.
OT: That is an awesome pre-order bonus.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Methinks the Title of this series comes from the Fictitious claims made about it by one Mr. Molyneux

Scott Mansley

Mar 29, 2010
I would create an evil sidekick named Squabble who will follow me to the edges of the earth!!!

Or I could make something like a spouse that would probably interact more in the game..

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
I had a play around with it a few moments ago, and whilst it was alright, it's not convinced me to place a pre-order.

Mainly because I can't afford, and also because I'm getting it anyway, although I might wait for a price drop first.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Damn, I thought we got a member of the development team like you would get a rescue pet from a shelter...

Curse you deceptive title!

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I'd make an incredibly optimistic character who would see good in every man, animal, and object in the entire game. He would encourage me to appreciate the world and see it as something beautiful and good.

I would then name him Peter Molyneux

The Ambrosian

Paperboy
May 9, 2009
Hubilub said:
I'd make an incredibly optimistic character who would see good in every man, animal, and object in the entire game. He would encourage me to appreciate the world and see it as something beautiful and good.

I would then name him Peter Molyneux
Haha. Made me laugh.
OT: Meh, with the amounts of NPC's there are in fable I dont think it's as great as people are saying.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
That sounds rather awesome. Ah, the possibilities. Perhaps some sort of scoundrelly assassin type who jumps out of windows with his pants around his thighs upon the return of his latest conquest's husband.

Who knows. This may warrant a thread of its own.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
So it's like a player character you can't control?

Or a mod you can do fuck all with?

Sounds fantastic

Twitchy Racoon

Nov 9, 2009
wha? you have to pre-order just to get that? That should already be on the game, wouldnt it be awesome to create the entire population of a village or make a new monster right from the getgo?