Scott Pilgrim Cartoons Fill Hole Left in Live-Action Movie

gregoryg

Mad Scientist
Jul 13, 2010
Scott Pilgrim Cartoons Fill Hole Left in Live-Action Movie

Cartoon Network will give Scott Pilgrim fans their fix with a pair of animated shorts that serve as a prequel for the upcoming live-action movie.

Gamer, hero, and all-around nice guy Scott Pilgrim seems poised to conquer every form of media on the path to defeating love interest Ramona's seven evil ex-boyfriends. The final volume of Bryan Lee O'Malley's smash-hit comic hit stands last month, both a live-action movie and a videogame adaptation will be released this month, and next Thursday, Cartoon Network will be airing a pair of animated shorts based on the original comics.

The animated shorts, which will air during the network's "Adult Swim" block of programming, depict a flashback that was left out of the upcoming film. This scene, which takes place back in Scott's high school days, explains how the protagonist became friends with his future Sex Bob-omb bandmate, Kim Pine.

The animation is being produced by Titmouse, whose previous credits include Metalocalypse and The Amazing Screw-On Head, and Jason DeMarco, who was responsible for IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix. The film's actors, including Michael Cera and Allison Pill, will supply voices for their respective characters.

The shorts, dubbed Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Animation, will air this Thursday, August 12th, in anticipation of the theater release of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World on Friday.

Source: 4 color rebellion [http://animationmagazine.net/article/11841]

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Yay! Scott Pilgrim Cartoons! I won't be able to watch these, since I live in Sweden! Yay!

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
Seems I'm a double-posting idiotic moron. Sorry for acting this stupid instead of just posting once, like an intelligent individual.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, I saw the advert for this last night during robot Chicken re-runs. Looks like it could be pretty funny.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
... damn I wish I had Cartoon Network >=/

Even though I've only been a fan of Scott Pilgrim for about a month I'm still really excited for the Movie and from that 30 second clip, the shorts should be great too =P

Jul 22, 2009
I'll just stream these if we don't get them in the UK. Scott Pilgrim looks hilarious even if someone I know disagrees for ridiculous reasons...

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
Blanks said:
... damn I wish I had Cartoon Network >=/

Even though I've only been a fan of Scott Pilgrim for about a month I'm still really excited for the Movie and from that 30 second clip, the shorts should be great too =P
This is exactly how I feel. I got books two and three from the library yesterday.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Everything I've looked up about Scott Pilgrim has made me really not interested in it. it seems to be like a sort of twilight for boys in my eyes.

Of course it's entirely possible I'm wrong. Just really doesn't grab me.

Queen Michael

Jun 9, 2009
Nerf Ninja said:
Everything I've looked up about Scott Pilgrim has made me really not interested in it. it seems to be like a sort of twilight for boys in my eyes.
Trust me, it's not. If there's one thing that's true about Scott Pilgrim, it's that you can't know what the comic is like until you read it. So why not go here [http://www.scottpilgrim.com/inside.php?id=previews] and read it?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Good, because reading the comics, watching the movie, and buying the video game just isn't enough. That might sound sarcastic, but remember it's Scott Pilgrim we're talking about here.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
Spoilers of volume 6.

I wonder if these will be the real memories, or the spiced up ones. Also, ironic that it says Scott is an all-around nice guy when so many characters call him a monster, frequently.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Wait, Cartoon Network still shows cartoons? With all their shitty live-action junk that's come out lately I'd assume they'd chucked in that business plan.

Seriously, though, looks really good, and you know how much pride CN put into IGPX back in the day.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
HOW do people get behind this vacuous crap???

I realize there's no accounting for personal taste, but... GrrraaAAAH

Something about this whole fad makes me madder than a bastard on fathers day. I realize Bryan Lee O'Malley can't do any better, but WE can, collectively.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
And Scott Pilgrim continues to be awesome. The shorts really capture O'Malley's unique style which I love. Can't wait for this.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
II2 said:

Something about this whole fad makes me madder than a bastard on fathers day. I realize Bryan Lee O'Malley can't do any better, but WE can, collectively.
It's an entertaining comic that ain't a flipping manga / based on a marvel/dc superhero. That alone is a worthy cause.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Danzaivar said:
II2 said:

It's an entertaining comic that ain't a flipping manga / based on a marvel/dc superhero. That alone is a worthy cause.
You know what... if you like it and it's important to you... whatever - enjoy it and me mindful of the pleasure you derive. Pay me no further heed.

I've said my piece and will now twist shut the nozzle of my personal molten contempt reserve.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
All they need is a Scott Pilgrim radio show, a Scott Pilgrim novel, a Scott Pilgrim opera, and a Scott Pilgrim puppet show for this franchise to be the LORD OF ALL MEDIA.