Epic Mickey "Could Happen" for the 360 and PS3

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Epic Mickey "Could Happen" for the 360 and PS3

Epic Mickey [http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Epic-Mickey-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002I0GEXM/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1281116866&sr=1-1] creator Warren Spector says the game could be brought to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 easily enough, but it's not up to him - and he's perfectly happy that it's a Wii exclusive anyway.

Epic Mickey was designed from the get-go to take advantage of the Wii's motion controllers, something the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 simply couldn't bring to the party. The advent of the Move [http://www.amazon.com/Kinect-Sensor-Adventures-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA298/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1281117011&sr=1-2] motion controllers will change all that, of course, and Spector acknowledged that the game could be translated to those consoles with relative ease as a result. But that doesn't necessarily mean that it will.

"Before Move and Kinect I probably would have said no, because the game is built around gesturing," he said in an interview with AtomicGamer [http://www.atomicgamer.com/articles/1100/epic-mickey-interview]. "Now, however, there's no reason technologically why we couldn't. But that decision is really above my pay grade, and no one's asked me for a port."

"It could happen," he continued. "But I've been a Nintendo fan... well, not as long as I've been a Disney fan, but a long time, and I've been pretty open about the fact that the Zelda [http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Twilight-Princess-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000FQBPCQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1281117245&sr=1-1] games are some of my favorite of all time. So we're a Wii exclusive and I'm happy about that."

Epic Mickey is scheduled to be released for the 2010 holiday season.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
This is the thing that Microsoft needs now to show that Kinect will appeal to hardcore gamers as well as casual gamers. Especially after all the back-and-forth over both Fable 3 and Milo & Kate. I've always been an ardent supporter of motion controls and of Kinect especially, and so the best thing Microsoft can do is push for Epic Mickey to be ported to the 360. Not to mention the fact that as a 360 owner I've wanted to play this game for ages, and been disappointed as a result. My mum has a Wii, but I'm only home for holidays from university so there's no point me buying Wii games unless it's something she'll play, like Mario Kart or Wii Sports or whatever...

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
Trivun said:
This is the thing that Microsoft needs now to show that Kinect will appeal to hardcore gamers as well as casual gamers. Especially after all the back-and-forth over both Fable 3 and Milo & Kate. I've always been an ardent supporter of motion controls and of Kinect especially, and so the best thing Microsoft can do is push for Epic Mickey to be ported to the 360. Not to mention the fact that as a 360 owner I've wanted to play this game for ages, and been disappointed as a result. My mum has a Wii, but I'm only home for holidays from university so there's no point me buying Wii games unless it's something she'll play, like Mario Kart or Wii Sports or whatever...
To be fair given the nature of Mickey and what Warren's trying to do with him you and her could probly have a great time playing it on each own way.

Even though I own just a Wii (stupid brazilian taxes) if the game shapes out to be great I'd like to see it ported to the graphic heavy siblings, the more people to talk about a great game the better.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
No way Epic Mickey could be done with Kinect, it's much too complex for just a body-recognition device to handle.

Move sounds a lot more plausible, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's inevitable. I'd say give this some time to see if it comes to fruition, but I wouldn't hold your breath over it.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
uh huh
ya I don't care
unless they actually use that snarling rat version of Mickey Mouse hahaha

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Its a shame what happened to it, but, I certainly wouldnt mind seeing it on the 360, give me a reason to pick it up and take it seriously

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I love Mickey...and most Disney stuff, but to be honest, this game has yet to impress me.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
I got a wii, so yay for my sister!

Atually, Let's call it the Revolution!

HAHAHAH no one remember that!

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Considering what Ive heard about the NMH port (glitches, freezing, bugs ect) Im not expecting it to be good.

If they made changes it could work, but I dont think it will work shovelware style.

oranger

May 27, 2008
I just realized why I'm reacting so negatively to this game: mickey creeps me the fuck out.