The Week in Review - Vigilantes and Villains

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review - Vigilantes and Villains

In this week's edition, scammers try and steal your Battle.net account using StarCraft 2, and nerds take on masked robbers in Hawaii.

Nerds Strike Back at Masked Bandits

Robbing a gaming center late at night sounds like it should be pretty easy, right? Well, not necessarily, as two teenaged thugs discovered when they tried to rob PC Gamerz in Kaneohe, Hawaii. Everything was going well until they tried to steal one of the patron's DS, who surprised the masked bandits by attacking them. Others joined the fray and the nerds managed to pin down one of the criminals, requiring him to be physically dragged out of the door by his accomplices so that they could all get away before the police arrived. (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102518-Enraged-Nerd-Herd-Pummels-Would-Be-Thieves])

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Get an Authenticator for your Battle.net account, it not perfect but safer than without. Even emails from @blizzard.com and @battle.net could be from hackers, if it is to good to be true, it not true, blizzard doesn't give anything away for free.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
I got emails saying that there was a request to change the email address to which my bnet account was attached. I actually considered that for a second. Some of these people are getting better.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The tracher case really does go and prove that when people get the wrong end of the stick...you really, really do