Guitar Hero Contollers Sacrificed in Volcano

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Guitar Hero Contollers Sacrificed in Volcano

There are now fewer plastic guitar controllers crowding the world's homes, thanks to a volcano.

The developers at Seven45 have made an offering to the gods to hope for the success of their upcoming game, Power Gig: Rise of the Six String [http://www.amazon.com/Power-Gig-SixString-Guitar-Xbox-360/dp/B003N13ZRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1281452664&sr=8-1]. They sacrificed tons of unused Guitar Hero controllers to a firey, magma-filled beast.

After acquiring a mass of the guitars in Reykjavik, Iceland, the devs loaded them up into a plane. They then risked their lives to dump them into a giant volcano.

The whole thing was a publicity stunt, of course, with the point being that Power Gig's controller, which Rock Band 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99062-Upcoming-Rhythm-Game-Offers-Real-Guitar-Peripheral] this holiday season.

Unfortunately, we don't really get to savor the goodness of watching the controllers burn into oblivion. While I like Guitar Hero as much as the next guy, I think we can all agree that we've been a bit innundated by plastic instruments over the past few years. It feels good to know that a bunch of them were dropped into a volcano, just as long as they don't cause an incident [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_eruptions_of_Eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull].

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Ehh, it would have been more awesome if they'd actually hiked up the volcano and tossed em in; dumping them out of a plane probably just guaranteed they got scattered across its sides.

*the skies darken and lightning crackles. The booming voice of Odin is heard*

Odin: The gods are most pleased with this sacrifice and grant your their blessings for your game's launch.

(because for some reason the Norse god's also double as the god's of rocks nowadays)

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
When did they film this? Is this why Europe was covered in ash for the spring.

Plastic ash!

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
I think that was a great concept for a commercial. I think we should abandon an area with a volcano and dump all our trash in it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Seems like a bit of a waste with all that plastic and such...perhaps, recycle?

cononking

Jun 16, 2009
As Bill Hicks once said: "If anyone here is in marketing or advertising...kill yourself".

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
Ldude893 said:
There's no better offering to the volcano gods than that.
How about the virgins who played them?
Hahaha, damn.

This is great, and it seems to have gotten the desired effect, since we're all talking about it.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
Won't save them from how mediocre the game seems.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Even if the game does turn out to be decent, they're going up against two games which have a firm foothold in what is already a pretty competitive genre. Any newcomers to this genre have been eaten alive (see: Rock Revolution, Battle of the Bands)

Also, incase they haven't been paying attention to the news lately, DON'T PISS OFF ICELAND!

Trikeen

Feb 17, 2009
Has it occurred to anyone aside from myself that beyond people playing the guitar controllers and the game on a screen faced away from onlookers that nobody has seen ANYTHING of this game?

ICE the dogface

Jul 14, 2010
marioman360 said:
Has it occurred to anyone aside from myself that beyond people playing the guitar controllers and the game on a screen faced away from onlookers that nobody has seen ANYTHING of this game?
i agree, this game could be the best thing ever or the worst piece of shit ever to come out. but until we see more i would not be so quick to judge this game

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
As soon as it went to the camera on the guitar, I was looking forward to seeing it disintegrate. I wonder how many of them actually made it into the volcano.