Take The Escapist Disaster Quiz!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Take The Escapist Disaster Quiz!

We kick off this week's examination of the upcoming Cataclysm expansion to World of Warcraft with a quick quiz about disasters both in and out of gaming.

There are all sorts of disasters that can happen in gaming (Superman 64, for example), but the kind we're talking about today are the natural (and not so natural) kind - floods, earthquakes, alien invasions, that sort of thing. We've included a few questions about real-world catastrophes, too, taken from the pages of history or the walls of the cineplex. We'll warn you now: Some of these questions are a bit obscure, so only the best of the best will ace this quiz without looking up an answer or two.

As always, you can take as long as you like to finish the quiz, and even try it multiple times to reach that 100%, but your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboards.

Assume crash positions and...Take the Quiz. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/108]

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Congratulations, you scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct! You're currently ranked 4th out of 70 total entries.

w00t. I know this will not last long, but it's nice for now. Some nice questions here including some I really had to think hard on.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
70% by guessing, apart from FFX. God, I loved that game. Oh, and the Armageddon question. God, I hated that movie...

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
erbkaiser said:
Congratulations, you scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct! You're currently ranked 4th out of 70 total entries.

w00t. I know this will not last long, but it's nice for now. Some nice questions here including some I really had to think hard on.
Hehe, I stole your position ;D. I'm 4th now out of 159 total entries, with 100%, time taken was 3:27...

Eponet

Nov 18, 2009
This would be a lot nicer if I could see what I got without having to be in the top 25

DPunch4

May 6, 2009
cool quiz bro, except for the part where I choose the Hindenburg answer correctly and it's wrong, then proceeding to choose all answers to be told i was right the first time.... 4 more turns then i needed... stupid quiz.

If it registered right i'd have beat it in 3 turns.

Whoracle

Jan 7, 2008
10/10, 2nd of over 300 entries on 1st try... not bad, with only two I had to guess at... I should go out more...

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Woot, first place (as of right this second). Which is surprising, since I figured I'd get more than one of those answers wrong given I was guessing (I don't tend to play a lot of Japanese games).

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, I'm surprised, got 8/10 and I only knew two of them, the FF X question and The Armageddon one. Yay for winging it, my only real plan since 1991!

Feste

Jul 14, 2009
From the description I expected to do worse than I did. But I was pretty certain about 7 of them, guessed an 8th correctly the first time, and got the other two right on my second try.
Currently 1st out of 463 with 1:32. I'm happy because I've never been this high on the scoreboard before.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
DPunch4 said:
cool quiz bro, except for the part where I choose the Hindenburg answer correctly and it's wrong, then proceeding to choose all answers to be told i was right the first time.... 4 more turns then i needed... stupid quiz.

If it registered right i'd have beat it in 3 turns.
Bro? Come now. :)