Stunning New Deus Ex Trailer Shows Off a Little Gameplay

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Stunning New Deus Ex Trailer Shows Off a Little Gameplay

Elbow swords, cyborg bartenders and robot tanks; the new Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailer has it all.

As jaw-droppingly gorgeous as the cinematic trailers for Deus Ex: Human Revolution [http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Pc/dp/B002I0HKRQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1281815281&sr=1-1 ] were, they didn't do much to show off the actual game itself, leaving fans in the dark as to whether this really was a worthy successor to the original Deus Ex, or just some disappointing attempt to cash in on the brand.

But this new trailer, released in time for the gamecom 2010 conference next week, throws a bit more light on the matter. It's still mainly cutscenes, but this time it's in-engine, rather than pre-rendered, and they're interspersed with tantalizing glimpses of the game being actually being played.

I must admit, this trailer - more than any of the others - has gotten me really excited about the Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Unfortunately, it'll be early next year before I - and the rest of the hopeful Deus Ex fans - will find out if that excitement was warranted.

Source: Voodoo Extreme [http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/56542/New-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Gameplay-Trailer]

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
certainly looks cool, kinda makes me with I played the original, tried playing 2 but it sucked

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
SteelStallion said:
Stunning? The graphics look terrible TBH.

On the plus side, gameplay is looking fun. A modern day assassin's creed with some action thrown in.
yeah yeah, it needed bump mapping out the ass and more bloom to have good graphics, without it, it just looks horrible

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
First reaction? "Holy sh*t!"
Second reaction: Not much to see yet, but looks? interesting. I'll have to keep an eye open on this game, I might give it a try. I've never played the original two, though (don't kill me!)

And the xyphoid blades look awesome.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Look shiny. Graphics good enough for me, and seemed fun... just needs a little more color. And a Monkeylord. Right now.

Mekado

Mar 20, 2009
Eidos Montreal have been at it for a while (going on 5 years), hopefully it's going to be worth the wait and the Deux Ex series won't go out with a whimper...

I mean if the game is bad, it'll probably be the last Deus Ex we'll ever see.

RedPandaMan

I bought this to skip ads.
Oct 23, 2008
Looks like it could be fun, but I won't get excited until I see the actual RPG elements and know whether or not it has the 10 ways to complete the level like the original.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
I had just one question from the video. How could he drag a body while holding his handgun with both hands?

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
I'd rather have immersive gameplay where I can decide how I'm tackling the objective than super stylish graphics.

And I don't think you can bloom too much if it's set in a dark club, a dark dockyard, and dark air vents.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
As long as I can play through this game and murder everything I can see, I'll be happy. Conversely, I don't want to have to kill anything. Although, the color scheme seems rather boring and repetitive.

Wolfrug

Feb 11, 2009
"Human reSolution"? :p

Anyway, looking forward to this one - hope it comes even close to the quality of the original!

May 25, 2010
I feel insane for hoping that this game will be as good as Deus Ex. But even Yahtzee can't lower my expectations for this game. I'll damn well try to like even if it's complete shit. Let's just hope it does the name justice.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Honestly, it didn't show off any game play at all. It was essentially just a CG trailer except this time it was rendered in engine.

This game looks WAY too action focused to be what I would consider a worthy successor to Deus Ex.
Furthermore, it's been confirmed that there is regenerating health in the game and that it will have cover based shooting which is no longer stat based, oh fucking boy I can't wait to play Gears of Deus Ex.

What about the intense parts in Deus Ex when a turret bot blows off both your legs and you get off a rocket to destroy it and you're left crawling on the ground slowly towards a medical bot to fix yourself up? That was a fun mechanic.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Dear Escapist.

On the previous thread about this trailer, pretty much all of you were, uncontrollably and blood vessel burst inducingly, whining like mad about this one trailer. Please, I beg of you, don't whine about this. The graphics look good, and the yellow effect makes it look that bit more sweet. The Robotic limbs could add to all sorts of new things such as interesting close quarter fights and stealth kills. Think like Assassins Creed 2, and we have the picture. And as for your whining about how it doesn't fit in with what you know, how about you wait until it is released before judging the plot with folded arms. Finally, you can break down a wall and snap someone's neck on the other side. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Calumon: Looks Cool.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
..there is leaked footage of DX:HR on Youtube....it's a tech demo however there is a almighty head somewhat in the way..