2 Million Ride the Bus to Borderlands

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
When I read this post, I only see one thing.

MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
If this doesn't tell every game developer the power of the 4 player online co op experience over the versus MP tacked on garbage I don't know what else will. Borderlands was a fantastic experience in single player and with any number of co op friends while still retaining good gameplay, mechanics and flavor.

Every game that included a co op mode did very well this year, without having to rely on the ultimate in graphics, story or gameplay. L4D2 and Borderlands are both prime examples of something people will buy to actually have some fun. Imagine how much more we'd have loved Too Human if they had kept the 4 player co op. Splosion Man was fun in SP but with co op the game changed into something where hilarity always ensued. Heck Castle Crashers was a new Arcade IP that blew everyone out of the water and it's main attracting point was online Co Op.

With the success of Borderlands now a done deal I hope we see more companies jump on the Co Op bandwagon. 2010 will bring us Brink and Splinter Cell even throws out a Co Op bone. I can only hope to imagine what a 2 player co op Mirror's Edge would be like... bring on the Co Op please.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
300lb. Samoan said:

MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
Sooo...you don't want a sequel?

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Flishiz said:
The biggest problem with developers in a recession is that nobody's willing to stick their neck out if it doesn't return a good profit, so we've seen waves of sequels lately just for the sake of company sustainability.

That aside, Borderlands has been in production for a long time, so that above statement doesn't make it the one true hero of recession-era original IPs. Was pretty damn good, though.
Yeah I get what you mean man, but I guess it is quite a risk going off the beat and track these days isn't it. Could be a waste of 3 years development time or so.

-Joe

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Despite the game sorta becoming unfufilling at the end I enjoyed it so it's good to see a new IP do well.

Shenanigans176

Dec 2, 2009
Uh I loved this game. I'm still working on my 50... People all got MW2 and left me all alone with my crappy games hahaha. Oh well, I actually disagree with the fact that it is awful single-player... It is in no way as much fun as multi-player, but it is still rewarding to go and finish all the sidequests that you were too lazy to do in a group.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I thought the single player was horrible, and multiplayer isn't a valid excuse because I'm not a big multiplayer gamer, so it's all about the story for me and the experience. The experience was a big empty brown mess that looked like no one inhabited it except for what wanted to kill me.

however, I am glad to see a non-sequel game do well... I just hope corporate owners don't plan to copy it

And DLC? screw dlc. Merry Christmas XD

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Pocotron said:
I think I might get this for Christmas. It hasn't interested me until I beat Assassin's Creed II and realized: "Crap I'm gonna be bored."

But now it looks really cool and has interested me like no other!
dude that was my scenario too! well I mean I already had it, but after 20+ hours of AC2 I was like "okay now what..." and Borderlands was just sitting there patiently waiting for me and my friend to play through it co-op. great game, and it's lasting us a lot longer than several other (still very great) FPS games that we've burned through recently (my friend is new to FPS games so it was an interesting ride)

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:

MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
the games been out for 2 months and you want a sequel... just as well take 2 isn't valve...

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Oh but we all know original IPs only want to be successful so they can grow up to be franchises with lots and lots of sequels.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
RikSharp said:
300lb. Samoan said:

MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
the games been out for 2 months and you want a sequel... just as well take 2 isn't valve...
I've already played through it one and a half times, the game play is great but the production value is lacking. that's why I've been stoked for a sequel from the beginning, hopefully they'll flush out a stronger story, go with better character animations (they only fully animated two people!) and work out the kinks in the interface. I'm hoping Borderlands 2 will be to Borderlands what Diablo 2 was to Diablo. ;)

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:
RikSharp said:
300lb. Samoan said:

MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
MOTHERFUCKIN SEQUEL!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEA!
I've already played through it one and a half times, the game play is great but the production value is lacking. that's why I've been stoked for a sequel from the beginning, hopefully they'll flush out a stronger story, go with better character animations (they only fully animated two people!) and work out the kinks in the interface. I'm hoping Borderlands 2 will be to Borderlands what Diablo 2 was to Diablo. ;)
same here and agree on what would make the sequel better (storage locker maybes? not in DLC?)
also, higher level cap, more varied skills etc.

i was just pointing out the timing. L4D 2 was "boycotted" as it was less than a year after L4D 1

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Gooooood. It definitely deserves it. Minor flaws, but an excellent game. I could wish for an A.I group, join a game with you and your other characters. It wouldn't be perfect, but the online community is dead... Anyway, I want to see a pseudo sequel. We don't need a direct sequel to Borderlands. What we need is them to say, "this was fun, let's make a game similar, but we'll expand on it." Change the location, add some classes, maybe make differences in the weapon manufacturers noticeable.