20 Years Ago Today: Final Fantasy 6 Was released For The SNES:

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I would love to see a remake of Final Fantasy VI but I really, really liked the way the game played. If the game is remade I would be willing to bet that the first thing to be changed would be the combat system...I've played Final Fantasy VI when it was Final Fantasy III but, it was within the past 4 years thanks to a nearby indie-game-shop. I haven't actually beaten in until I got the Anthology disc on the PSX. I really want the GBA version though...I've been using my handhelds a lot recently.

Kardsymalone

Oct 6, 2014
Whoa really I didn't know that well guess I should play it again to celebrate.

I'm not too sure about a HD remake but a version of the e shop would be cool can the 3ds/Wii U play/emulate advance/snes games or a re-release or something

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
20 years ago eh? man, time flys...

I should boot it up again and beat it.

FYI my team was usually about;

Terra
Sabin
Cyan
and
Celes

no reason other then I like those character.

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
I'm that odd person who came away from this game feeling like, "That's it? THIS is the epic masterpiece everyone is always talking about?"

Perhaps it got overhyped, but I went in really excited to play it and then was let down on almost every level. It definitely has its upsides (Opera house, soundtrack in general, Celes' scenes at the beginning of World of Ruin), but they just weren't enough to pick it up for me.

For reference I played it last year, not when it came out.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Agreed, but hesitant for the reasons The Rogue Wolf posted.

I'd love to see Dave Wittenberg return as Kefka with Dissidia's character model and possibly Terra's as well, but certainly such a game would be just as tremendous an undertaking as remaking FFVII, which as we have seen, Squeenix is just too lazy to do.

Ah well, I'll always have the original cartridge, which still works to this day. I'll never sell it. I remember being surprised to learn that some people hated Mr. Thou for being statistically the weakest party member and his techniques requiring so much charge time, but I found Quadra Slam to be my best weapon in the Phantom Forest, Zozo and Vector if you start charging the tech during someone else's action (like say, a Blitz?) to get a jump-start. His armour range also makes him a good tank up until the point where magic becomes the only thing that matters in combat.

Perhaps on my next playthrough, I will beat the game with the 4 'worst' party members plus Setzer, Edgar and Celes. Gonna get started on that right now. Bye!