Call of Cthulhu Explained in Just 120 Seconds

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Call of Cthulhu Explained in Just 120 Seconds

Not sure what this whole Call of Cthulhu thing is all about, but were too afraid to ask? Here's a two minute primer, so you can be afraid of what you know instead.

You might have heard the name of Cthulhu, the great destroyer that slumbers beneath the waves, but you don't know much else about him. You're eager to learn, having braced yourself for unspeakable horror, but you're not quite sure where to start.

Well, wonder no longer, as Brothers Grim and Grimy [http://www.youtube.com/user/brothersgrimandgrimy] have prepared a two minute primer for Cthulhu's first appearance, the short story Call of Cthulhu, complete with animations and an accessible and non-threatening "valley girl" narrator.

Aside from a funny script, the animation has lots of little "blink and you'll miss them" visual gags to enjoy as well. Possibly the best thing about the video though, is that as silly as it is, it's also quite informative, and gives a pretty good summary of the story, but at the same time makes you interested in reading it.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5613260/call-of-cthulhu-distilled-into-120-ditzy-seconds]

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
I still don't understand much... And that girl's voice was just annoying....

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Yay, now even the stupid, short attentioned or short memoried can learn about our lord Cthulhu.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Heh that was kinda funny. Love all the references (missed the Discworld one the first time).

So now we all know too much... 0_O

Jul 22, 2009
I want to learn about Cthulu D:

Unfortunately my internet hates me these past 3 days and my download speed is so low I can't watch videos...

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
GiantRedButton said:
If you look at the globe there is a giant shape called bp's mess :D
i noticed that, and new zeland is replaced by middle earth!

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
A'I Dagon, A'I Hydra, A'I Cthulhu...that's from the book right?

I dunno. I think I should actually read it now. Unless squid-boy wants to come after me O.O

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Kuchinawa212 said:
A'I Dagon, A'I Hydra, A'I Cthulhu...that's from the book right?

I dunno. I think I should actually read it now. Unless squid-boy wants to come after me O.O
You might be thinking of, "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn." A famousish creepy chant with lots of glottal stops about how Cthulu is only asleep and is going to eat us for breakfast.