Play As Han Solo In New Indiana Jones Game

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Play As Han Solo In New Indiana Jones Game

Finally, game that lets you play as both of Harrison Ford's most loved characters. The upcoming Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings features an unlockable Han Solo.

Harrison Ford fans, you may just have your ultimate game in Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings. As revealed in this trailer on StarWars.com [http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000793.html], you don't just get to play as Indiana Jones in the game, you also get to take on the role of Ford's other most famous character, scruffy looking nerf herder Han Solo.

Not sure exactly how you'll unlock Mr. Solo, but when you do rest assured that he won't be packing his signature laser pistol. Because using lasers in the Indiana Jones universe would be mean and nonsensical. Instead, Han uses Indy's revolver to shoot bad guys and his trademark whip to do Scorpion-style "get over here!" moves on enemies. If you ever wanted to see Han Solo drag a guy over with a whip and then headbutt him, have I got a game for you.

So it basically seems like Han's just an unlockable reskin. But that's okay. Because Staff of Kings has other cool unlockables, as well, like a fully playable [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.86511] version of classic LucasArts adventure game Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Now how about an unlockable President James Marshall from Air Force One?

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Eh, if he dosen't do anything different than it's only cosmetic. Mabey a fun little extra but not a selling point.

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
It really is a very minor thing. I won't be picking up this game anyway, so I don't really care either way, these sorts of added skins are relatively common these days aren't they?

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
I thought they cancelled this game. Is this the Indy game that's supposed to use the Euphoria engine? (or whatever it's called, its the one in GTA IV and Force Unleashed).

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
sgtshock said:
I thought they cancelled this game. Is this the Indy game that's supposed to use the Euphoria engine? (or whatever it's called, its the one in GTA IV and Force Unleashed).
Definitely not - it's only for the Wii, PSP, and DS.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Why does everyone keep making a connection between Han Solo and Indiana Jones? Yeah they are both played by the same actor but there are noticable differeances. Notably:

1. Han Solo likes to hang out with furry aliens and his last name is the name of a brand of lemonade
2. Indiana Jones is an archelolgy proffeser with a wierd tendancy for violence.

Two different people.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Keane Ng said:
Not sure exactly how you'll unlock Mr. Solo, but when you do rest assured that he won't be packing his signature laser pistol. Because using lasers in the Indiana Jones universe would be mean and nonsensical.
Yeah. Next they'll have Aliens.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
Keane Ng said:
Not sure exactly how you'll unlock Mr. Solo, but when you do rest assured that he won't be packing his signature laser pistol. Because using lasers in the Indiana Jones universe would be mean and nonsensical.
Yeah. Next they'll have Aliens.
Aliens? In Indiana Jones? That doesn't make sense at all. That's stupider than using a fridge to survive a nuclear blast. Stop talking nonsense.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Wait, first things first...there's a new Indiana Jones game? Will it be out on PS3?

PlasticPorter

Aug 27, 2008
dstryfe said:
bernthalbob616 said:
Wait, first things first...there's a new Indiana Jones game? Will it be out on PS3?
PlasticPorter said:
Yeah but its also on the PSTriple so no one will be playing it :p
Pretty sure.
Nothing ruins my day more than when im looking through an issue of game informer or such and ill see a article about some awesome new game that sounds like it would be really fun and then i look closer and i will realize, oh its exclusive to the PS3. Guess no one is playing that game then lol

dstryfe

Mar 27, 2009
PlasticPorter said:
Nothing ruins my day more than when im looking through an issue of game informer or such and ill see a article about some awesome new game that sounds like it would be really fun and then i look closer and i will realize, oh its exclusive to the PS3. Guess no one is playing that game then lol
I...see? I had you quoted as a response to the first quote but...meh.

The more I think about it, the more true the whole "nobody's gonna play it" thing seems. I know all of 2 people with a PS3. one uses it for PSX games and blu-ray, while the other uses it for Guitar Hero (why?) and *gasp* blu-ray. It seems like nobody buys the damned games. 'Play as a Han Solo Indy' notwithstanding, the PS3 seems quite unloved.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Fate of Atlantis was pretty good too. I had alot of fun playing that.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Thats pretty clever i have to admit! It wouldnt make me go out and buy the game, but still a nice extra.