2009 - WTF? man, WTF? Like I'm seriously, WTF?

ALKATRAZACAZ

Aug 4, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
wasn't that bad for me. i got overlord II, majesty 2, and ill get tropico 3 very soon. a decent year. its my "year of the classic game comeback" in the calendar of ultratwinkie. if dungeon keeper 3 was being released this year, it would be even better.
Overlord classic ?
Anyway, STARCFAT2 damn you blizzard and COD4MW2.
Dragon age got delayed since this Summer but i'll get it now, damn you COD4MW2.
Diablo 3 , who knows, bizzard, CODbla bla... damn you.
That's it.
Oh, and Mass Effect 2 damn...someone.

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
Meh, I'm not really excited about any releases this year, nor was I at any point. It's been back down memory lane for me, replaying a bunch of old titles weathering the recession.

Sven und EIN HUND

Sep 23, 2009
As far as I'm concerned this year has been great, not just for social reasons, but I've snagged myself tickets to the Pearl Jam concert in November with my 2 best mates, and plus, sins creed 2 and MW2. And although sc2 and d3 will have to wait, I'm still happy.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Void(null) said:
Tropico 3?
That's interesting, I've never even heard of it before, or its predecessors. Is it like Sim Isle?

Yeah, I'm still recovering financially from Beatles Rock Band Collectors Edition, and I've got my own end-of-year exams to worry about. Still, I wouldn't mind picking up Borderlands, and possibly Uncharted 2.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
in my case the nostalgia factor for all my 2007 games just kicked in, so I've been replaying BioShock, Assassin's Creed, CoD 4... also I'm a broke college student who can't afford any new games.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Dragon Age: Origins. That's all I need. Everything else is icing on the cake, such as Alpha Protocol or Force Unleashed (PC version).

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I'm already completely booked for 2009, I was glad all those games got delayed. MW2, AC2, L4D2, Dragon Age: Origins, how am I ever supposed to push more games into that?!

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
I'm getting Brutal legend and Assasins creed 2 so I'm set for this year. Even if these two games get pushed into 2010 there is still some old games that I've been meaning to get.

jonnosferatu

Mar 29, 2009
I have two words for you:
Brutal.
Legend.

That alone redeems this entire year (it'll be assisted by the upcoming Dwarf Fortress update, but more people are likely to play BL than DF, so...).

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Modern Warfare 2.

Uncharted 2.

Ratchet and Clank: A crack in time.

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier.

Brutal Legend.

I'm set for this year.

Next year I'll go for:

God of War 3.

Heavy Rain.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Im Glad that they were pushed back sometimes, i didnt have the time or money too get and play all the games that were scheduled, i know all this means is ill have to pick and choose my games in '2010 but at least i can go through this year with the major releases and some other small titles in hand.

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
TaborMallory said:
This year brought me the last 8 months of school, Behemoth's new CD, the money to buy 8 other CDs I've been wanting, and the soon-to-be Dethklok/Mastodon concert.

Whatever you say, OP; this year was, and will be, awesome.
Fuck yeah. $35 a pop at the Showbox in Seattle.
Seattle W00T! Haha sorry, I have nothing else to add to this conversation. Good day gents.