2009 - WTF? man, WTF? Like I'm seriously, WTF?

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Completely off-topic, am I the only one who has video badges? I've got, like, twelve and I haven't seen a single other one.

Sorry about that, but I can't think where else to put this and it seems too minor to start a topic over.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
SharPhoe said:
Whew. I have to say, I'm very relieved. I thought, based on your username, you were that Halo troll, come back to strike again.
He's been on here for too long

OT: I'm looking forward to AC2 and tekken 6, and mass effect 2 next year

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
PoisonUnagi said:
Completely off-topic, am I the only one who has video badges? I've got, like, twelve and I haven't seen a single other one.

Sorry about that, but I can't think where else to put this and it seems too minor to start a topic over.
There's a bunch of threads on this in the off-topic forum. They've started introducing video badges retroactively for every video you've ever watched, starting from Apocalypse Lane all the way down to Zero Punctuation. Some people are getting them quickly, other people aren't. So far I only have Unskippable badges - there was about five hours between Bernie and Fishy (3 and 7 episodes watched). I've seen a lot of badges for Escapist Show, Apocalypse Lane and Doomsday Arcade as well. I imagine since ZP is the video series that brought most currently active users to this site there's going to be a BIG delay while the script awards them.

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
Most of this year centres around my 18th being soon.

:)

(I'm not buying many games due to the fact I kinda need to pass this A2 year in school.)

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
There's still a load of good games coming out - since I didn't like Modern Warfare I don't care it's delayed - unless they've delayed it to make it good. Then respect.

y1fella

Jul 29, 2009
at least dragon age is coming out. (rpg made by BIOWARE,,,,BIOWARE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BIOWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
TaborMallory said:
This year brought me the last 8 months of school, Behemoth's new CD, the money to buy 8 other CDs I've been wanting, and the soon-to-be Dethklok/Mastodon concert.

Whatever you say, OP; this year was, and will be, awesome.
You, sir, are awesome.

Whenever I think that 2009 was a bad year I just remind myself Evangelion was released.

It was fantastic.

WaffleGod

Oct 22, 2008
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is gonna be epic. It'll probably keep me going for a while (took me long enough to get the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune platinum throphy :D). And after that there's Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and the God of War Collection.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
oh I dunno, there still some stuff comming out... like, say Assassins Creed II, and Modern Warfare 2 (which scared everything off in the first place... but shhh!), even though I intend to wait for the Game of the Year edition for that game.

ALKATRAZACAZ

Aug 4, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
ElephantGuts said:
Wait, what? What the fuck is going on in this thread?
the dude who posted this topic says this year is shitty because all the games got delayed to 2010. i said it wasn't that bad as my games got released on time and so did everyone else suggesting their games. alkatrazacaz however, i think he was a bit drunk when he wrote his post, or he was attacked by flying pirate ninja bears with laser vision during the writing process of his post. who knows? hope i cleared all of that up.

Attacked by flying pirate ninja bears with laser vision no, a bit drunk, maybe...
What i was trying to say was that i to(like the OP) am pissed off that so many good games are delayed to next year, not necessarily by COD4MW2.
So in conclusion the only games i look forward to are Dragon Age and Borderlands.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Good year for me. Excellent GCSEs for no work, got into college (allowing me to grow my hair and wear whatever the fuck I want every day) and gifted & talented because of said results, got a Macbook Pro for my birthday, got Guitar Hero 5 and Smash Hits (I tell you, finally being able to play Free Bird and Play With Me by Extreme was totally awesome :D) bought an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, started learning to play said guitar... I've had a pretty awesome time. There's more, but that'll do for now.
Oh, wait... also, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World FINALLY comes out over here this year. That's also a big 'Fuck YESSS!!!!!!' in my book.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Bored Tomatoe said:
Two Three words: Splinter Cell: Conviction.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Alas, all is not lost. AC 2 is due to arrive and, whilst I despise it now, MW2 as well. Alpha Protocol is also something I'm interested in and will be released late October. Oh and The Saboteur

Unfortunately, SC:C , Mafia 2 and pretty much every other AAA title has been roundhouse kicked back.

The only good thing to come of this is the extra polish (read: Mr. Sheen, not Europeans) the games will be given.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Assassin's Creed 2 was moved to 2010.

Unless you're planning on getting the console version... But I'll drink lead based paint before buying that for a console if I can buy it for my PC.

L4D2 is still up though. So... Cheers.

Ciarang

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2008
I don't think I bought a new game this year xD
And to be honest I don't really want to get ant of these new releases

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
The year is fine (in gaming, in real life this year can go fuck itself). We've got our Fallout 3 DLC, Arkham Asylum and Left 4 Dead 2 is around the corner. I like how everyone is afraid of MW2 though xD

Oh and when I heard AC2 was moved to 2010 I think I ate a finger or two.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Scribblenauts and Assassins Creed 2, this year still has some good games to come and has had a heap of good ones so far.

Next year will be known as "The Year of The Game-gasm"

Final Fantasy 13 is taking it's sweet time but by god I will channel the spirit of the Fancy Pants man and run at Mach 2 to get to my local EB as soon as school finishes on that day, and god help anyone who gets in my way.

DoctorObviously

May 22, 2009
Well, ... the great games of 2009 only release at the end of the year :((

Borderlands
Alpha Protocol