2009 - WTF? man, WTF? Like I'm seriously, WTF?

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Ultratwinkie said:
ElephantGuts said:
Wait, what? What the fuck is going on in this thread?
the dude who posted this topic says this year is shitty because all the games got delayed to 2010. i said it wasn't that bad as my games got released on time and so did everyone else suggesting their games. alkatrazacaz however, i think he was a bit drunk when he wrote his post, or he was attacked by flying pirate ninja bears with laser vision during the writing process of his post. who knows? hope i cleared all of that up.
So...was he saying Modern Warfare 2 got delayed? When did that happen?

mannaroth

Aug 19, 2009
TaborMallory said:
This year brought me the last 8 months of school, Behemoth's new CD, the money to buy 8 other CDs I've been wanting, and the soon-to-be Dethklok/Mastodon concert.

Whatever you say, OP; this year was, and will be, awesome.
YA Deth Klok rules!!!!!!

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
This is why I get excited for games, but don't expect to play them for a very long time. Assassin's Creed II is going to be awesome, but I wouldn't bat an eyelash if suddenly Ubisoft announced that it had been pushed back to 2013, after the world ends.

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
ElephantGuts said:
Ultratwinkie said:
ElephantGuts said:
the dude who posted this topic says this year is shitty because all the games got delayed to 2010. i said it wasn't that bad as my games got released on time and so did everyone else suggesting their games. alkatrazacaz however, i think he was a bit drunk when he wrote his post, or he was attacked by flying pirate ninja bears with laser vision during the writing process of his post. who knows? hope i cleared all of that up.
To clarify... I was not drunk A, and B, I never said Modern warfare 2 was delayed. What I said was that because of its announcement, every other game has gone running scared.

Also I never meant that this year is terrible, just a let down when you look at what was initially supposed to release.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
tooktook said:
ElephantGuts said:
Ultratwinkie said:
ElephantGuts said:
To clarify... I was not drunk A, and B, I never said Modern warfare 2 was delayed. What I said was that because of its announcement, every other game has gone running scared.

Also I never meant that this year is terrible, just a let down when you look at what was initially supposed to release.
Well due to the unintelligibility of your post myself and several other people were led to believe you were saying that MW2 had been delayed. It was quite difficult to make out what you were saying.

This post was much better. Are you sure you weren't drunk? High, maybe? Being attacked by flying pirate ninja bears with laser vision?

nYuknYuknYuk

Jul 12, 2009
Ghost8585 said:
Flying-Emu said:
TaborMallory said:
This year brought me the last 8 months of school, Behemoth's new CD, the money to buy 8 other CDs I've been wanting, and the soon-to-be Dethklok/Mastodon concert.

Fuck yeah. $35 a pop at the Showbox in Seattle.
Seattle W00T! Haha sorry, I have nothing else to add to this conversation. Good day gents.
One more WOOT for Seattle.

For me, it's MW2, L4d2, Borderlands and maybe Brutal Legend. and dragon age. and....

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
slipknot4 said:
TaborMallory said:

Who buys music?
I do, and so do many others, thank you very much. I know it means nothing to you, but there's something different about owning the CD and adding it to my collection. I'm also planning on buying vinyl albums and hanging them on my wall. Can't do that with pirated music, can you?

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
So your saying it was a bad year....? I didn't quite get it. Just look whats been released... i just saw the list of games that came out this year... and well there are no games this year i liked. But some games this year had big scores, like Sims 3, the batman thing, empire: total war, burnout paradise, the path and so on.
But the year is not over and there will be new games.

Smack-Ferret

Jul 14, 2009
Well MW2's spec ops mode better give lots of replay value. Oh yeah I never bought fallout 3 so I can get the game of the year edition with all the DLCs! My wallet thanks me.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
TaborMallory said:
I do, and so do many others, thank you very much. I know it means nothing to you, but there's something different about owning the CD and adding it to my collection. I'm also planning on buying vinyl albums and hanging them on my wall. Can't do that with pirated music, can you?
I place value in games, my Killzone 2 Collectors limited edition has a special place on my wall. Howeve, the price on music is way to high and i only buy music that has some value to me more than the maybe 20 play throughs a house/electro/metal/DnB etc. etc. song has.
Metallica - Load, Elmerson Lake and palmer - pictures at an exhibition, Black Sabbath - Sabbath bloody Sabbath and The jimi Henrix experience are albums i am a proud owner of.

Gariom

Mar 20, 2009
Good job OP, I nearly shit my pants because your post was worded in a way that I read MW2 was delayed till 2010.

I already pre-ordered MW2, but I'm also getting Brutal Legend, Assassin's Creed 2, and Borderlands as well.