2011 Call of Duty May Still Be Infinity Ward's Game

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
It's all down hill from here Activition. It is crazy to imagine they topping themselves again after MW2.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Chaossebba said:
John Funk said:
If things keep going this way all week, I bet we'll see Hideo Kojima and Peter Molyneux swordfighting on top of a blimp by the end of the day on Friday.
YES.

Anyway, its still rather confusing until we hear from the studio themselves i guess.
Yes indeed!

This really sounds confusing in every possible way, at least activision is living up to their new names as badguys in the new console world order. I wonder what the next step is, here's hoping that it involves some Lord Of The Rings style escapades for the various developers.

Apr 28, 2008
Well this is exiting!

I can only imagine what the future will hold!

John Funk said:
The whole mess seems to be dying down - I hope. What a week it's been, and it's only Tuesday. If things keep going this way all week, I bet we'll see Hideo Kojima and Peter Molyneux swordfighting on top of a blimp by the end of the day on Friday.
I would pay any amount of money to see that.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
John Funk said:
SuperMse said:
John Funk said:
Wardämmerung
It was an attempted pun on Wagner's Götterdämmerung [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6tterd%C3%A4mmerung], or "Twilight of the Gods."

And mostly - we don't know who's making the next non-Treyarch COD or if it's a Modern Warfare (or if IW will still make COD games), but we know there WILL be a non-Treyarch COD in 2011. But Treyarch and Sledgehammer, you got correct.
Silly Funk, Wagner is nothing but a big pun himself.
If there is one COD that Treyarch should do, is the Vietnam version. It will be interesting to see what fresh minds do with their own COD version, where Sledgehammer is concerned. Though gaming karma might strike and we end up with a C&C:Renegade clone.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
If IW doesn't work on a new CoD, it won't sell as well. While not knowing exactly what and how IW does/makes CoD:MW games, it does so to a polish that you can't keep yourself from the game.

I think that instead of trying to crap out a CoD:MW3, they should instead rely on heavy DLC, which would be A)cheaper for consumers, if they make it anywhere from $5-20 (American, dunno convertiting it...sorry) depending on size, and B)could save time by making it DLC rather than a whole new disc. Adding new levels to multi-player, new weapons (or something if possible) and even new story campaigns with the possibility of new protagonists would make the game even better, and again, would be cheaper, so anyone who doesn't own CoD:MW2 could pick the game up and the attachments as well. Hell, even make a CoD:MW2 Super pack that includes a set amount that players can use to download what they want. So multi-based and single-based players can each be happy, and people will stop saying that the story mode is so short

Kirosilence

Nov 28, 2007
I am still a bit put off after a long day of this, waking up and rolling over to see one of the most influential game studios of this console generation in this situation was a bit of a shock to the senses. Glad it's all kinda simmered down to a gentle boil though. I am kinda interested to see what Sledghammer puts out, although I am worried about the future to the series. I am betting that Infinity Ward will at least lose a few employees over this and at most, crumble entirely. Even if Modern Warfare 3 is still in the hands of IW, it may not be following the same vision of the series.

Which has me torn. I have a Love-Hate Relationship with my copy of MW2. Some days I love the brutal multiplayer, and some days I hate the ridiculous storytelling and bland FPS-ness of it all. Who knows, it may improve, it may suck.

Activision still pisses me off though, the mantle of "Evil Empire" still sits comfortably on their shoulders and will remain there until such time that Bobby Kotick has a mighty revelation and pulls a full EA, turning the publisher from a faceless money-printing machine to an innovative and open publisher willing to fund new ideas. Then again maybe it will never happen but on the bright side then I won't have to find anyone new to hate!

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Unless it takes place in Vietnam or WW2, I'm just not interested in an Infinity Ward product.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Would be good if Activision kept the reins of CoD in the hands of IW... I mean, they let Harmonix go from the Guitar Hero franchise, and we all know what that led to, eh?

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
"I bet we'll see Hideo Kojima and Peter Molyneux swordfighting on top of a blimp by the end of the day on Friday."

Hilarious. Unfortunately, the battle would be kind of boring to watch, as Kojima would undoubtedly exposit his complexly plotted moves through the gratuitous use of cut scenes and Molyneux would just sit there waffling about the morality of the entire situation. All the while, the pilot of the blimp would be heading straight for a mountain to get the sound of their tremulous voices out of his head while chanting, "I am for the win! I am for the win!"

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Hopefully Modern Warfare 3 will be the last IW developed Call of Duty game. It'd be refreshing to see them create their own brand new IP without Activision butting in.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
HeyZeus_Ezekiel_Jesus said:
Really? You get called out and rather than just admitting you were wrong you just attack?
Good job I wasn't wrong then...you on the other hand...

As for the whole "attack" idea, great job on acting the hypocrite as you attack me throughout this post...

The guys post was obvious sarcastic and what? Just cause it didn't end with "/sarcasm" (something only used when you know there aren't enough IQ points on the boards for anyone to get it) it wasn't actually a good post?
First of all using IQ as an indicator of intelligence is moronic at best...

As for the idea it wasn't a good post...well it wasn't relevant, nor interesting, nor well documented in it's sarcastic nature, in fact the sheer fact the poster admitted it was sarcastic (after being called out on it by two different people and later admitting he should've made it clearer...kinda idiotic that you're arguing a point against the person you intended to defend) displays the fact that it's a bad post.

Do you think that just cause you have 4788 post that's supposed to make me respect you and agree with everything you post.
Now you're switching to your own, entirely fictional agenda. I never said anything along these lines and never have.

Cause apparently you know WAY more that I do. /Sarcasm.
Judging by your idiotic replies throughout this thread I'd say so much is obvious...

It makes you look like an asshole.
To you maybe, but I guess it's a good job I honestly couldn't care even minutely about your opinion on anything...

I'm stating my opinion of you and if you don't like it fine. Report me. There are better VG news sites on the internet than this one. Hell, the only reason this site gets any decent traffic is cause of ZP.
You're correct regarding the site, I don't even use it regularly to post anymore...as for VG news, who cares - you should visit a host of different sites if you want VG news. As for your hilarious opinion on myself based on two or three internet forum posts...well all I can say to that is...meh, I posted it above and I'll repeat - I don't care what you think based on an internet personality...

Dunderscore987, I don't like you and know you know. Have a nice day.
Nice one, that's almost creative as Gears of War 2's superbly named "Grinder" for a monster that says the word "Grind" when he attacks...

Actually it's slightly worse because Dunderscore doesn't even make sense...

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
Distorted Stu said:
2015 - The next installament of Call of Duty will be made by Square Enix.
Dear God, at this point we can only hope they dont make it into a crappy 2d fighter or a sidescrolling platformer. They should stick to the formula that made some of the games fantastic sellers. While Vietnam is a refreshing change from the blood soaked beaches of WW2, (for the love of god put the idea of returning to that to bed), Call of Duty is a well established franchise and leases its name to a new developer for an "action-adventure game" isnt really a good move on their parT. We can only hope that despite the drain of people, Infinity Ward will be able to make a game to redeem the franchise after this game shits on the Call of Duty name.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
...Awww, man, now I'm gonna have to listen to my roommate ***** about shit he won't understand again. Understanding the quality of the games in relation to their dev, that is. Crap...and he goes into whiney ***** mode at the drop of a hat, too.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
2015 - The next installament of Call of Duty will be made by Square Enix.
Wouldn't surprise me, since they did do the localization and dubbing for the series in Japan.