2012 - What the hell is up with the ending? -spoilers-

AdambotLive

Jul 19, 2009
Okay, i saw 2012 today, and i was wondering about what happened at the end when

The people are on the armored-boat things, then crash through mount everest (o_O) and suddenly, they say the natural disasters have calmed down fast. Seriously, 5 minutes ago it was like "OMGWTFBBQ WE R GON DAI!!!111" then suddenly it just...stops.

It's pretty dumb to be honest.

AdambotLive

Jul 19, 2009
RedDiablo said:
That's why movies that are usually CG filled pies don't end up being good.
Eh it was an okay movie, but ofc it didn't copy ANYTHING... *COUGHDAYAFTERTOMMOROWSEQUELCOUGH"

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
For a film that's pretty obviously cashing in on the mass fetish for CGI graphics and everyone's paranoid fears about 2012, I can't say that I ever really expected anything remarkable.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
To be honest I was really kind of hoping they'd all die. Reinforcing the message of, it doesn't matter how rich or privaliged you are, your gonna die so tough shit.

I for the most part, really enjoyed the film. People seemed to moan about the cgi heavy nature of the film but it looked fantastic. Death and destruction never looked so awe inspiring... Plus the ever-watchable John Cusack is the man... I hope they make the sequel... Hopefully Morgan Freeman will play the president. I'll believe anything he says...

What? Y'all knew about 3012 didn't you? Well there were these people known as the egyptians and they had these pyramids...

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
AdambotLive said:
RedDiablo said:
Eh it was an okay movie, but ofc it didn't copy ANYTHING... *COUGHDAYAFTERTOMMOROWSEQUELCOUGH"
hey, i liked toby mcguire in that.It at least was funny to watch. this ones just painful.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
ravens_nest said:
To be honest I was really kind of hoping they'd all die. Reinforcing the message of, it doesn't matter how rich or privaliged you are, your gonna die so tough shit.
We were all hoping this. No one really expected it though, I mean, it's hollywood.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Lullabye said:
AdambotLive said:
RedDiablo said:
hey, i liked toby mcguire in that.It at least was funny to watch. this ones just painful.
It was Jake Gyllenhaal in that...

If I ever get to direct Hollywood films I vow to give the people what they want! And we want death! And unhappy endings! And less reinforced stereotypes! And...

Wait do we really want reality film? Coz reality tv shows roll out more shit than a dung beetle...

GrandAm

Aug 8, 2009
AdambotLive said:
Okay, i saw 2012 today, and i was wondering about what happened at the end when

The people are on the armored-boat things, then crash through mount everest (o_O) and suddenly, they say the natural disasters have calmed down fast. Seriously, 5 minutes ago it was like "OMGWTFBBQ WE R GON DAI!!!111" then suddenly it just...stops.

It's pretty dumb to be honest.
Actually when everything was all right, they subtitled 27 days went by before it was stable enough to open the deck doors.

Remember the 27.01.0001 caption. It was the new calender.

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
And you were expecting a plot?
Big dissaster happens, people escape, the end = every disaster movie in history

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
What the hell is up with the film? I mean whoever even though of this idea should be put through a GIANT blender. Bloody 2012 bollocks is getting out of hand.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
You watch the movie for the CG distruction, if anyone ever thought the story was going to be any good then they were very naive.

Colours

Nov 16, 2009
2012 is the new Y2K. Someone is going to look quite silly when nothing happens.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

I really hope there aren't any cults taking this seriously. I don't think I could be convinced to pay to see a movie about it - especially one with such a lackluster ending.

tomvw

Feb 5, 2009
Colours said:
2012 is the new Y2K. Someone is going to look quite silly when nothing happens.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

I really hope there aren't any cults taking this seriously. I don't think I could be convinced to pay to see a movie about it - especially one with such a lackluster ending.
There's some dimwit who'se invested over 100.000$ in building a bunker in some Spanish mountains in preparation for the "End of the World". He'll be silly and poor, but at least he'll have a bunker...

Colours

Nov 16, 2009
tomvw said:
There's some dimwit who'se invested over 100.000$ in building a bunker in some Spanish mountains in preparation for the "End of the World". He'll be silly and poor, but at least he'll have a bunker...
Hah, fool! Everyone knows the Large Hardon Collider is the real disaster in waiting, and his bunker won't save him.

Seriously though, I pity the fool.