2012 will be a dangerous year

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
The whole end of the world still is a pile of crap. But Many, many people believe it will happen on December 21st, 2012. I'm worried about what others may do. On December 20th, there may be mass suicides, people killing as many as they can, thinking there will be no consequence since everyone will die anyway, or more. On top of that, it'll be the last year of Obama's term and if things keep getting crazy in America like it has been, people may be violent riots could start.(Im not saying hes good or bad, but people here in America are nuts)Anyone else here worried what may happen despite the world not blowing up?

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I only worry about Earth's poles shifting and every horrible natural disaster imaginable coming together to form a Megazord of planet crushing assbeat.

(Cookie for sourceish)

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
I only worry about Earth's poles shifting and every horrible natural disaster imaginable coming together to form a Megazord of planet crushing assbeat.

(Cookie for sourceish)
But that'll be interesting at leasty

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Hey, if people decide to commit mass suicide because they actually believe that crackpot theory then I think we're likely better off without them here.

As for Obama... that's actually a good point. Considering how much so many Americans seem to be anti-Obama, they very well may equate Obama with the end of the world. Hell, they've already equated him to the Antichrist before, haven't they?

Chances are, it'll just be another Y2k and it'll come and go in just the same way. I'll bet money on that.

(And think about a bet like that. What could you hope to gain from betting for the end of the world? To make it more obvious: How do you plan to get paid/reap your rewards if you bet for the end?)

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
I don't think it'll be any worse than December 1999. Everyone was convinced we were all gonna explode then, too. In reality, it'll just be hard to find bottled water and duct tape for a couple of weeks.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
I for one welcome anyone who wants to commit suicide over a date on the calender.

The world is better off without anyone stupid enough to fall into the heavens gate cult.

The sane rational pockets of civilization will band together to survive, its called natural selection.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Yoshemo said:
The whole end of the world still is a pile of crap. But Many, many people believe it will happen on December 21st, 2012. I'm worried about what others may do. On December 20th, there may be mass suicides, people killing as many as they can, thinking there will be no consequence since everyone will die anyway, or more. On top of that, it'll be the last year of Obama's term and if things keep getting crazy in America like it has been, people may be violent riots could start.(Im not saying hes good or bad, but people here in America are nuts)Anyone else here worried what may happen despite the world not blowing up?
Not worried at all. 2000 was a non-event that passed without incident.

A few nutcases will probably kill themselves as they did in 2000.

Nobody will riot. Think about the reasons why people riot, when they do riot.

What do you mean "getting crazy in America"? Has America ever not been crazy at some point in the last few hundred years because if so I must've missed it...

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
People will go crazy on December 20th, we will all still be here December 21st, I will laugh at them.

The whole situation could be avoided if they just would heed what a very intelligent and attractive steed of a man completely normal person once used as a username on the internet:

2012 wont happen

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
BonsaiK said:
Yoshemo said:
The whole end of the world still is a pile of crap. But Many, many people believe it will happen on December 21st, 2012. I'm worried about what others may do. On December 20th, there may be mass suicides, people killing as many as they can, thinking there will be no consequence since everyone will die anyway, or more. On top of that, it'll be the last year of Obama's term and if things keep getting crazy in America like it has been, people may be violent riots could start.(I'm not saying hes good or bad, but people here in America are nuts)Anyone else here worried what may happen despite the world not blowing up?

What do you mean "getting crazy in America"? Has America ever not been crazy at some point in the last few hundred years because if so I must've missed it...
The part about crazies in America.. go look up a Teabag party. Those are who I'm worried about. People who go to churches where they encourage praying for someone to kill Obama. Where they try to get Texas to secede because they're afraid a black president will make it illegal to be white.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
Yoshemo said:
. On December 20th, there may be mass suicides
Good, if people are idiotic enough to believe the end of the Mayan calender holds any significance then the Planet will benefit from their absence. Plus it'll help towards lowering the world's population something which is way over due.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Yoshemo said:
BonsaiK said:
Yoshemo said:
The whole end of the world still is a pile of crap. But Many, many people believe it will happen on December 21st, 2012. I'm worried about what others may do. On December 20th, there may be mass suicides, people killing as many as they can, thinking there will be no consequence since everyone will die anyway, or more. On top of that, it'll be the last year of Obama's term and if things keep getting crazy in America like it has been, people may be violent riots could start.(I'm not saying hes good or bad, but people here in America are nuts)Anyone else here worried what may happen despite the world not blowing up?

The part about crazies in America.. go look up a Teabag party. Those are who I'm worried about. People who go to churches where they encourage praying for someone to kill Obama. Where they try to get Texas to secede because they're afraid a black president will make it illegal to be white.
Yes but my point is that there have always been crazies in America, and they didn't do anything special for 2000.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
I don't really get the fuss. The Mayan calendar ends then sure, but my calendar ends every years and nothing special happens.

Now that i think of it it will probably be some sort of advertising, probably the sequel for Dantes inferno. Damn EA plans ahead.

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
BonsaiK said:
Yoshemo said:
BonsaiK said:
Yoshemo said:

Yes but my point is that there have always been crazies in America, and they didn't do anything special for 2000.
eh. good point

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
Aby_Z said:
Hey, if people decide to commit mass suicide because they actually believe that crackpot theory then I think we're likely better off without them here.

As for Obama... that's actually a good point. Considering how much so many Americans seem to be anti-Obama, they very well may equate Obama with the end of the world. Hell, they've already equated him to the Antichrist before, haven't they?

Chances are, it'll just be another Y2k and it'll come and go in just the same way. I'll bet money on that.

(And think about a bet like that. What could you hope to gain from betting for the end of the world? To make it more obvious: How do you plan to get paid/reap your rewards if you bet for the end?)
Key thing to keep in mind, a lot of Americans have characterized him as the Anti-Christ (or Nicholai Carpathia esque if you prefer) but ALSO a lot of people have charactarized him as the MESSIAH . . . so that one goes both ways . . . frankly he's human and a politician . . . take from that what you will.

as for 2012 . . . I don't assume about anything . . . but seeing as how the civilization that made this calender they keep refering to that ENDS in 2012 was destroyed by the Spanish . . . I don't think we can take it all that seriously as being definitive.

They didn't know that humans from another part of their world would come and slaughter their people and loot their treasures. All they ever seemed to have predicted (according to the calender at least) was natural disasters.

Picture this if you will . . . a scientist comes up with a calender that we will be able to go by for the next few centuries. It's called the "GLOBAL CALENDER" and shines with importance somewhere.

As human race population grows it expands into new planets and ostensibly new races. Now, Earth is long forgotten, the few that remain during those centuries still abiding by the GLOBAL CALENDER and all it's shinyness. Then, a race of humans that moved off world come back, wanting what ancient goods might still be around, destroy it and leave.

Now, fast forward to nearly the end of THAT calender . . . this new Race (like ours now) will likely go "HOLY SHIT THIS THING ENDS IN LIKE 20 YEARS! WE'RE ALL SO FUCKED!"

sound silly? hmm . . . I wonder what ELSE along that kind of line sounds silly . . . hmmmm . . .

but I don't assume, so while the evidence doesn't line up when you REALLY start looking at details, they could have made the calender knowing the exact date of the end of the world . . . if so . . . may I say in advance to you all, good night and good luck.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Yoshemo said:
I think people fear the cops/jail then they fear the end of the world, and if not i have enough weapons to keep myself safe

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
All im worried about is that 2012 wont bring forth any good games *shudders*

Then again, mass-suicides by idiots would be adequate entertainment as well.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
The sane people will do nothing and just live life as normal then on December 21st..until they meet me in the alleyways.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
In 2012 we're gonna have mass hysteria.
MASS... HYSTERIA.
It's gonna be chaos come December.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I have had a hell of a time convincing others about that. However, there weren't mass killings in 2000, so maybe that's a good sign.