Brad Pitt Fingered for Red Dead Redemption Role

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002

A film version of the hit Red Dead Redemption [http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dead-Redemption-Playstation-3/dp/B001SGZL2W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1283181269&sr=8-2] is reportedly being planned, with the lead role being held for none other than sexy super-stud Brad Pitt.

Has it been awhile since you've seen a decent Western? Clint Eastwood brought an emphatic full stop to the genre with the 1992 release of 3:10 to Yuma [http://www.amazon.com/Unforgiven-Two-Disc-Special-Clint-Eastwood/dp/B00006FDCJ/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1283181314&sr=1-2] was solid, but fans of dirty, unshaven men, monstrously huge revolvers and women who know their place have been sadly underserved over the past couple of decades.

But the Brad Pitt [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98858-Analysts-Say-Take-Two-Takes-Too-Long-to-Make-Games] in the saddle. According to sources, he's currently the "hot favorite" to star as John Marston in an epic cowboy film based on the game.

"This is an exciting project with a great character at the center of it," a source told Showbiz Spy [http://www.showbizspy.com/article/211335/brad-pitt-to-star-in-red-dead-redemption-movie.html]. "The idea is to make this in the style of an epic Western movie but with a few modern touches. Brad is perfect for the role and he is being given first refusal."

Could this be the videogame movie that finally gets it right? I'm not what you'd call a Brad Pitt fan, although I liked what he did in 12 Monkeys [http://www.amazon.com/12-Monkeys-Blu-ray-Bob-Adrian/dp/B0026FCNK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1283181454&sr=1-1], but there's no denying he'd bring a certain cachet that most other actors just can't match. RDR itself, a classic Western tale of betrayal and violent justice, seems like solid source material. On the other hand, this is Hollywood we're talking about. I'm not holding my breath.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
I'm ok with this, Brad Pitt has shown to be a very good actor, and i can see him playing that part.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
I'm cool with that. Loved Fight Club and se7en.
And I really think that this would be a great movie.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
esperandote said:
but with a few modern touches
Exploding horses

Also, will it involve donkey lady?
Donkey lady and Cougar man. The most horrifying villains of 2011.

OT: I like Brad Pitt. He's done bad movies, but he's also done a number of excellent films. I think he's a good actor. And he has the same basic facial structure as Marston, just give him some face scars and a nice hat and we've got ourselves a bounty hunter.

Imat

Feb 21, 2009
Not to pigeon-hole the man, but Nathan Fillion plays a great cowboy. Now that I think about this, I don't know who I'd rather have for the part...

Anyways, I haven't played the game in question (I don't own the required console), but I want to. I've heard nothing but greatness about it, so I have to believe it's a good story. Hollywood could truly destroy it, but they could also do it justice. This could be made into a movie, but it also may not be.

Siberian Relic

Jan 15, 2010
He did a fantastic job in 'Assassination of Jesse James'. That greatness would likewise translate very well into this. Am anticipating.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
*snort* Fnarr Fnarr.

This is where the differences in American English and UK English become apparent.
This. I don't care about a film, i just found the title funny.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
You probably could selected a better word than "fingered", but as far as my thought on the subject as lackluster as westerns have been lately it might take a big star like Pitt to give the project a better chance at being a success.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I certainly hope he takes the offer. he'd be a great fit in a great role for him in what could be a fantastic movie if Rockstar has the right amount of input along with other essentials like a good script, director and villain.

Chainsauce

Aug 14, 2010
Great title.

Anyway, good to hear. Not because it's a videogame movie, but because it's a western.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Hahaha...

This isn't a movie we're talking about people. Its a movie adaptation of a video game. You think they have enough money for him?

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
I find myself dissapointed, here I came for a depiction of Brad with a finger up his bum and I find this. It might be a good idea, he seems to fit the part look wise, dunno how his voice would, he did well admitedly in that movie where he played Jesse James.