Cats Aren't Very Good at Duck Hunt

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Cats Aren't Very Good at Duck Hunt

Is this video of a kitty-cat trying to play Duck Hunt really newsworthy? No. Is it adorable? You better believe it, buster.

I remember playing Duck Hunt back in the day. I was pretty little at the time, so my big genius strategy was to just go up right to the screen and blast the ducks at point-blank range, but I still wasn't very good at it.

I also wasn't as adorable playing the game as this cat is. The poor kitty tries to get the ducks. It tries to get the dog. It tries so hard, but to no avail. Poor cat. I hope you catch your virtual ducks in your dreams.

(Via G4TV [http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/707200/Nugget-From-The-Net-Kitty-Plays-Duck-Hunt.html])

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
That has to be the most adorable and sad thing I have seen for months. I wish it were a touch screen so that the little determined kitty could have caught its ducks.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Now he would be good at this if it was on a touch screen enviroment. He would be a god at it.

OT: ohhhh hes so cute.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
The cat was really good at duck hunt but the controls were not up to the job. I blame Nintendo. Someone seriously needs to make a video game for cats.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
"No LCD screen were harmed in the making of this video." Ha!

I guess the cat must have been declawed.

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
That's adorable, they need to make a controller for her or get a touch screen. I wonder if a dog would be better.

Undeadpope

Feb 4, 2009
That is face meltingly cute.

Reminds me of my cat,who tried to kill mario while I was playing...well...a mario game(can't remember what one it was specifically,but it was also cute and funny,like this video is)

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
"now all you need is a camera and you´ll make it to the news in the escapist"

noteworthy its so cute i could die, but haha, really?? news time??

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That is really cute. But it's so sad that the kitty didn't even get one...

This reminds me of the good old days, when Diablo 2 was quite new. I had one of those thick computer screens, don't really know the English word for those. Basically my cat loved the heat that came from it and slept on it all day long, making it more fun to play. So, one day i was playing Diablo 2 and suddenly my cat started to try killing my level twenty-something necromancer and the cursor. Eventually my cat got tired and ran away, but it was fun while it lasted.

The point: cats are cute.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Just make sure they don't go after this lady...
Although it turns out ok in the end
Ooh! A legitimate reason to post this: http://jbird18.deviantart.com/art/You-Never-Know-Who-s-Watching-176799856

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
HentMas said:
"now all you need is a camera and you´ll make it to the news in the escapist"

noteworthy its so cute i could die, but haha, really?? news time??
I suppose it's a slow news day. Funny how many of those there are.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Although I've already seen this... awwwwww.

Now show us a cat playing CoD! Come on, Funk!
seriously, the more cats the better

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Good to see that asshole dog is just as bad to cats as it is to people. I kind of want to see what my dog would do to a game of Duck Hunt now... Although she just barks at the screen whenever anything moves across it.

TLatshaw

Aug 30, 2010
Some days, the dog just phones it in. Other times, he remembers why he loves his job.

This was one of those days.