2015: What games are you looking forward to?

AH_EHUD

Mar 30, 2014
I'm seeing a depressing lack of hype for Yoshi's Wooly World. There's no official release date for it yet(with all the delays does that really matter?) but it's assumed to come out 2015. I'm just excited to see a game that is unapologetic for being colorful and happy.

Nixou

Jan 20, 2014
I'm definitely looking forward for Phantasy Star 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

I mean Xenoblade Chronicle X and Zelda WiiU

Aqualink97

Dec 30, 2013
I'm pretty psyched for Zelda U, Majora's Mask 3D and the new starfox.

Majora's mask was my favorite on the N64, and I'm pretty exited for there to be a traditional Zelda game on the Wii U. A new Starfox is exiting as well, i know the last few didn't do so well, but the Wii U is the perfect platform to make it good again.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
My big three right now are Godzilla, Persona 5, and King's Quest.

And then maybe The Great Ace Attorney assuming we'll even get that game in the West.

Ragnoon

Aug 9, 2014
Batman Arkham Knight and GTA V for pc are the only ones I am waiting to play, a lot of other games are scheduled for 2015 but I will wait until they come out before I decide to invest time and money into them.

Zipzip the Penguin

Feb 14, 2013
Scarim Coral said:
Three words, Hyper Light Drifter

Ok there is no official release date other than "Early 2015" but I am taking that as official. I want to buy it so badly!!!
I now have a sudden and inexplicable urge to give them my money.

Other than that, I'm pretty excited for a new Star Fox, with a passing interest in Halo 5. I'll probably pick up Persona 5 for a friend.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Well, for a start, I'll finally get my GTA V as it's coming out for PC. After that, there's Mortal Kombat X which my friends and I are very much looking forward to (and will probably be majorly disappointed by when it doesn't feature a tag team mode). Aside from that, I haven't been keeping tabs much on what's coming. I have some hopes for the new Witcher game, but I'm not too hyped for it... I've hated the first part (the combat is atrocious) and the second game had an issue with controls on PC... which was later fixed, but I lost interest by then, as the control issue made the game incredibly frustrating as I was wondering what I was doing wrong while trying to play it. I might check it out at some point, but I don't have too much free time these days and I can't find the enthusiasm to install it again.

Oh and after playing the first episode of Telltale's Game of Thrones last night, I'm on my toes for the following episodes. They've really nailed the world and my friend and I (we play these Telltale games together) spent more times on a few select choices than we have in probably all of the two Walking Dead seasons. On top of that, it's the first one where, after finishing the episode, we actually felt like playing it all over again, to see the outcomes of different choices.

XDSkyFreak

Mar 2, 2013
Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void (I mean come on blizz you lazy twats, how hard is it to release a fucking campaign addon ... it's bad enough people allowed you to get away with this retarded split the game in 3 parts, but can you just release the last campaign so I can go out and buy a boxset?) and probaly Etherium if it ever gets released. Other than those ... probably the new zelda for my Wii U

Oh and that new Homeworld game they said they were making, but that mostly my nostalgia talking. Then again it might be good, so who knows.

And a bit of a guilty pleasure, but I am interested to see Heroes of the Storm, just to see how in the fuck blizzard will try to recover after they lost the best MOBA out there to Valve ... well I gues the easy way was a HD remaster of warcraft 3 and all it's maps ...

As for what I'm hoping will come out: Fallout 4 (I mean come on bethesda, you tried with ESO, you failed miserably like every sane person told you would happen, now please get back to what you do best and give me a fallout as good instory as the first and as awesome to look at as skyrim. Is it so hard?), Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt bringing my darling beloved tabletop RPG to my PC after all the experience they gained on the witcher? Yes please! I know realistically it won't come out in 2015, but a gameplay demo would be nice), and I seem to have a bone to pick with blizzard: How much longer until you pull the plug on WoW, say "we had a good time but it was all a bad dream, none of that idiotic story ever hapened, here's warcraft 4 and an actualy good and awesome story to tell you how all your favorite characters are doing after arthas takes the throne and also maybe we will finaly let sargeras out of the closet and have an epic wold shattering showdown"? You are not going to do that are you? Now that you sold your soul to activision and you worship only the mighty $ and not quality like you used to ...

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Ryallen said:
Guffe said:
Ryallen said:
Xenoblade Chronicles X, because the first one was so well-received, and I can't find it anywhere, so I'll settle for the second one.
You should get the first one :p
I did a quick check on ebay.com (usa ebay, I usually use the .co.uk site) and I found several copies on the first page being sold in the states, so that's one way to go :D
But yeah, I'm excited about this one as well :)
Funny thing about the first one, I actually tried watching Chuggaconroy's playthrough of it, but I couldn't get past episode 23. I don't know if I'd end up liking the game. It's mostly some pet peeves about the characters, mostly the fact that I usually can't play an RPG if I don't get to customize the main character, so that's why I'm looking forward to the second one more than the first one.
Well technically you can customize the main character or do you mean, face and colour and stuff? If so, I get it.

Anyway, what i'm looking forward to.

Zelda games (you don't need any reason, really)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - the first game really captured me.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 - I've yet to finish 1 but it's got me interested.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Because Batman.

Street Fighter V - It looks to be better than IV, plus Charlie is back!

and though it came out last year Guilty Gear Xrd, because Europe still ain't got it :(

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
V4Viewtiful said:
Well technically you can customize the main character or do you mean, face and colour and stuff? If so, I get it.

Anyway, what i'm looking forward to.

Zelda games (you don't need any reason, really)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - the first game really captured me.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 - I've yet to finish 1 but it's got me interested.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Because Batman.

Street Fighter V - It looks to be better than IV, plus Charlie is back!

and though it came out last year Guilty Gear Xrd, because Europe still ain't got it :(
I mean like making my own character. I didn't have any actual problem with Shulk so much as it bugged me that I couldn't pretend that I was in a world that was actually pretty interesting. I mean, a collection of races living on the bodies of their fallen gods? How cool is that? But, because I was stuck playing as Shulk, I felt like I wasn't experiencing the world for myself so much as I was seeing it through the eyes of someone else.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
On the light-hearted side I'm looking forward to Mighty Number 9. On the heavy duty side of things I've already got Bloodborne on pre-order and have some passing interest in Final Fantasy Type-0. Unfortunately, Square Enix's marketing team seems to have lost their marbles as they are attempting to release Final Fantasy Type-0 a week before Bloodborne hits the shelves. No one is going to buy that game on launch unless they are die-hard fans after the elusive demo for Final Fantasy XV given the proximity. Beyond that, the Witcher 3 is another game on my watch list and I may try jumping back into an arena shooter or two with Unreal Tournament Online.

Really, I've been looking more at what has already been released and seeing if there is anything worth the time to pick up. Alien Isolation is floating around out there and is probably one of the best AAA horror games to be released since System Shock 2, while the release of Valkyria Chronicles on the PC is a great boon for those that didn't get to see it on the ps3 (or those like me who just love the game to death).

Unfortunately, I've hit some casualties this year. The most depressing console I have at the moment is the Wii U due to it having plenty of great titles, but often requiring at least some local play with others to get much out of. What the heck is the point of smash bros if you always have to play online to find someone to play against? I ran into this problem with Mario Kart 8 as well, and it's seriously put me off on buying any nintendo games. That and the second controller costs as much as a AAA title, which seems pricey given the console. This is likely more of a "life changes" issue when getting out of University, but still it's not hard to see why this guy is having issues in todays increasingly mobile networked society.

spacewalker

Sep 13, 2010
the new atelier game for the ps3 (its already out in japan)
and the new earth defense force game for the ps4 (i might finally buy a ps4)
both are set for this spring