John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
PAX 2010: Crysis 2 Multiplayer Hands-On

Standard-Definition need not apply.

Read Full Article

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
Crysis 2 was, in my opinion, the best FPS at E3. Sadly, it's been delayed to 2011, but it still looks amazing.

Apr 28, 2008
Well you can't expect much immersion in multiplayer when there's kids screaming in your ear.

Plus, the multiplayer is being developed by Crytek UK, who were Free Radical, who made Timesplitters. So I'm hoping for some good things. Shame it sounds like Call of Duty...

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Irridium said:
Well you can't expect much immersion in multiplayer when there's kids creaming in your ear.

Plus, the multiplayer is being developed by Crytek UK, who were Free Radical, who made Timesplitters. So I'm hoping for some good things. Shame it sounds like Call of Duty...
Kids, my ear, and cream? Jesus, this game is starting to sound peverse! ;)
On topic, I'm not too keen on multiplayer. In fact, I can safetly say that throughout my experience with video games, I have never once started a match, had fun and played it all the way through. If MW2 is a typical example of online shooters, I can't understand why they're so popular. But this looks interesting. Maybe if they reveal more of the campaign, I'd buy it. That's all I'm interested in anyway.

Apr 28, 2008
JaymesFogarty said:
Irridium said:
Well you can't expect much immersion in multiplayer when there's kids creaming in your ear.

On topic, I'm not too keen on multiplayer. In fact, I can safetly say that throughout my experience with video games, I have never once started a match, had fun and played it all the way through. If MW2 is a typical example of online shooters, I can't understand why they're so popular. But this looks interesting. Maybe if they reveal more of the campaign, I'd buy it. That's all I'm interested in anyway.
Damn typo's...

And your experience is usually the norm. Occasionally you get a good game, but usually most of the time its just crap. Unless you play with a group of friends and mute everyone else, but that kind of defeats the purpose of playing with others.

And MW2 does not have the best online community, from my experience. In fact its one of the worst.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Irridium said:
JaymesFogarty said:
Irridium said:

Damn typo's...

And your experience is usually the norm. Occasionally you get a good game, but usually most of the time its just crap. Unless you play with a group of friends and mute everyone else, but that kind of defeats the purpose of playing with others.

And MW2 does not have the best online community, from my experience. In fact its one of the worst.
Indeed, every body has typo's occasionally. It's just that the sentence made me laugh so much when I read it.
I'm glad that MW2 is an example of a bad online shooter, because I know I'm not bad with shooters, yet I could never really get into a game. I've heard, however, that Team Fortress 2 is somewhat more fun, and balanced?

Apr 28, 2008
JaymesFogarty said:
Irridium said:
JaymesFogarty said:
Irridium said:

Damn typo's...

Indeed, every body has typo's occasionally. It's just that the sentence made me laugh so much when I read it.
I'm glad that MW2 is an example of a bad online shooter, because I know I'm not bad with shooters, yet I could never really get into a game. I've heard, however, that Team Fortress 2 is somewhat more fun, and balanced?
It is. On the PC anyway. Most of the community and most servers are great. There are some bad ones, but you can avoid those easily. Plus if there's one ass on a server there's a good chance he'll be kicked within 50 seconds by an admin.

I personally suggest these guys [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Team-Fortress-2-Group-PC] ;)

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
I'm getting Crysis 2 for the Single Player. I wanna know what happened with Prophet, dammit! Crysis 2 is probably not set entirely in NYC. If you played first Crysis you know what I mean. I think NYC is actually only the second half of the game. Multiplayer will be a bonus for me just like in the first. I never really got into Crysis MP. I just played the campaign and I played it a lot. It was very satisfying and worthy of several replays in my opinion.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
This looks really interesting. I will probably get it. Does it matter if I haven't played the first? It was only on PC, and my gaming laptop would literally melt.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
This is quickly becoming one of my most anticipated games. A story written one of my favourite authors and a multiplayer that sounds like a better, sci-fi CoD. That'll do me nicely.

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
Why the concern for standard definition users?

NEWS FLASH: if you have a current generation console and don't have a high definition television given you'r missing out in most games, and you know it.

Since the PS3 came out 720p has been the resolution most games look best at (yes I know 1080p looks even better but most games just up-scale to get that resolution) I haven't even seen a standard definition TV for sale anywhere in a couple of years. Splash the pennies for a cheapo HDTV if you enjoy gaming.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Irridium said:
JaymesFogarty said:
Irridium said:
JaymesFogarty said:
Irridium said:

Damn typo's...

It is. On the PC anyway. Most of the community and most servers are great. There are some bad ones, but you can avoid those easily. Plus if there's one ass on a server there's a good chance he'll be kicked within 50 seconds by an admin.

I personally suggest these guys [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Team-Fortress-2-Group-PC] ;)
That really sounds like my kind of game! The second I've got a spare £200, I'll upgrade this old thing and check it out!

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
I saw the Crysis 2 multiplayer video, and it actually looked pretty fun, I enjoyed Crysis 1, not only because of the singleplayer (even though I thought it was pretty fun), but also because of the Multiplayer (in the form of Crysis Wars), and especially the CryEngine 2 Sandbox.

It seems like they've removed the large scale battlefield-esque "power struggle" in Crysis 2 though, which is a bit of a disappointment, I thought that was far more fun that the Instant Action gametype.

4RT1LL3RY

Oct 31, 2008
I really hope they kept at least some of the hard to kill ness from the old multiplayer. Not dieing to 4 stray bullets was a nice change. I enjoyed Crysis Wars.