John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
PAX 2010: Brink Hands-On

Work as a team ? or die as one.

Read Full Article

DPunch4

May 6, 2009
So what? Does that means there is only three classes?

Even with only three sounds epic.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
DPunch4 said:

I only tried three, but there were more. I just don't know what the others do ;)

Amalith

Mar 29, 2009
The game seems promising, in the same way that Shadowrun sounded promising. But Shadowrun sucked, so I'm gonna wait for the reviews on this one.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
John Funk said:
DPunch4 said:

I only tried three, but there were more. I just don't know what the others do ;)
as far as I've heard theres Soldier, engineer, medic and operative

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
smallharmlesskitten said:
John Funk said:
DPunch4 said:

as far as I've heard theres Soldier, engineer, medic and operative
From what I've seen on their site, that appears to be the available classes.

I'm rather interested in this, especially for the movement aspect. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten hung up on a railing, lamppost, what have you in shooter games and died because of it. Now I can vault and climb over stuff, slide around and roll? Looks pretty awesome.

Curtisthekiller

Nov 26, 2008
A game that apprecheates teamwork? yay~. Perhaps maby i can do something other than horde or Reaches firefight in the near future that allows players to beat the stuffing out of the AI as a group, with the added bonus of freerunning.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
It doesn't really interest me all that much. Maybe when Dead Rising 2 and New Vegas come out then I can check it out again and have a different outlook.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This game seems pretty interesting, it's being made by Splash Damage, wich they made one of my all time favorite games ever, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (wich is completely free by the way)... BUT, also they made the unfortunate Quake Wars... but still, I'm on a state of cautious hype.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
the parkour in the trailer is awesome...hopefully the game is too haha...
well, maybe they'll have trial running modes?

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
SupahGamuh said:
This game seems pretty interesting, it's being made by Splash Damage, wich they made one of my all time favorite games ever, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (wich is completely free by the way)... BUT, also they made the unfortunate Quake Wars... but still, I'm on a state of cautious hype.
What was wrong with quake wars? The personal objective system was fantastic, teamwork was very much required but even lone wolf style players could help the team if they took out the targets picked for them.

The only issue with QW was the same one being expressed here, it took time to learn what was going on and how to do it and the maps were of a scale that made learning each one fairly time consuming too.

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Unrulyhandbag said:
SupahGamuh said:
What was wrong with quake wars? The personal objective system was fantastic, teamwork was very much required but even lone wolf style players could help the team if they took out the targets picked for them.

The only issue with QW was the same one being expressed here, it took time to learn what was going on and how to do it and the maps were of a scale that made learning each one fairly time consuming too.
Wait, I'm pretty sure I once played the demo of a game called Quake: Enemy Territory. Is the Quake Wars you're talking about?
As I remember it, it was fun to stab the enemies to take over their identities and the proceed to hack their turrets to help the team take over their base. On the other hand, the matches often developed into a clusterfuck.

On topic: Every shooter that demands teamplay is a step in the right direction in my opinion. Of course this is also a reason why such games often aren't that much fun to play, because if the team doesn't work together, nobody will have fun. Brink looks promising.

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
Am I the only one that thinks this sounds a lot like just playing TF2 on a different engine with a different style of graphics? >.>

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
Avayu said:
Unrulyhandbag said:
SupahGamuh said:

Wait, I'm pretty sure I once played the demo of a game called Quake: Enemy Territory. Is the Quake Wars you're talking about?
As I remember it, it was fun to stab the enemies to take over their identities and the proceed to hack their turrets to help the team take over their base. On the other hand, the matches often developed into a clusterfuck.

On topic: Every shooter that demands teamplay is a step in the right direction in my opinion. Of course this is also a reason why such games often aren't that much fun to play, because if the team doesn't work together, nobody will have fun. Brink looks promising.
yup that's the game 'Enemy territory:Quake wars', hard to learn and requiring teamwork turned out that unless you had a solid team it was a mess. Most new players seemed to be attempting some kind of team death match rather than playing the game given to them and actively ignored the personal objectives the game generated for them.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
So, you can only get healed by a medic? Or did I read that wrong?

Shame if that's the way it is, I was kinda looking forward to this game...

Captainguy42

Is trapped in a title factory.
May 20, 2009
Kwil said:
A copy of TF2? I don't think so, unless every team-class based game is considered a copy of TF2 now.
Yah it's not exactly fair to call every class based shooter a TF2 copy, that's like calling all Western RPG's Ultima clones.

However I'm, still really excited for this game, there aren't many others that offer free-running in multiplayer.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
John Funk said:
DPunch4 said:

Wasnt it Assault, engineer, medic, and operative (spy like class). Regardless, not to surprised, this game looks like one you NEED to communicate with teammates. Still looks damn good, cant wait for next year.