2019-2020 coronavirus pandemic (Vaccination 2021 Edition)

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
People in England can now only meet in groups of more than six if they're armed. Ultimate frisbee is also allowed, because the virus was running out of ways to transmit.

if they have arms? I didn't see anything about arms. lol What if they don't have arms, does that mean they they can meet in groups of 7? :p

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You're allowed to meet in a group of more than 6 (up to 30) to go grouse shooting. Seems like a very niche exclusion!
Exclusions also if you are mounted on a horse and chasing foxes, as there's no proof that horses don't exude an anti-coronavirus aura when exercising.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You're allowed to meet in a group of more than 6 (up to 30) to go grouse shooting. Seems like a very niche exclusion!
Exclusions also if you are mounted on a horse and chasing foxes, as there's no proof that horses don't exude an anti-coronavirus aura when exercising.
We still have no evidence either way on whether Horses can contract or spread COVID-19, thus far we have no evidence of illness, that still does not necessarily exclude spread amongst themselves though. With all of our other concerns and focus right now, I am sure it will some time before we really know either way though as long as there are no major breakouts of illness among horses.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
The point Baffle and Agema are making is that both grouse shooting and fox hunting are traditional British upper class pastimes common in the autumn. The exclusions are obviously in place so that influential and powerful people don't get upset that their annual hunts (with included elbow rubbing with other powerful people) are cancelled due to Corona.
UK Covid-19 rules said:
There are exceptions where groups can be larger than 6 people. These include:
  • organised sport or exercises classes or licensed outdoor physical activity. This does not include informal sport or fitness activity with family or friends - this must be limited to a group of 6
"Licensed outdoor physical activity", handily, includes grouse shooting and fox hunting

Although of course, it was mostly made illegal to hunt foxes, although they were kind enough to offer numerous stupid loopholes that were happily exploited. And a load of toffs just ignored it anyway and continued doing it illegally, because the police have no interest in stopping the rich and powerful commit (admittedly relatively minor) crimes.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The point Baffle and Agema are making is that both grouse shooting and fox hunting are traditional British upper class pastimes common in the autumn. The exclusions are obviously in place so that influential and powerful people don't get upset that their annual hunts (with included elbow rubbing with other powerful people) are cancelled due to Corona.
This might be a problem for Def Leppard if they tour again. They've got nine arms!
Ba dum tsh! (This is a meta joke.)
I guess my facetiousness wasn't picked up in my typing... Rogue Wolf gets it! :) THAT was my meaning of " arms" above. LOL
Medical humor sorta falls flat when I am the only one who thinks being more concerned about the Horses Spreading COVID-19 than people being irritated about the exemptions for the wealthy.. Shows myself the door.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Oof, man, that's brutally hardcore.
You know I think that is a perfectly suitable " attonement" for those refusing to wear masks, throwing parties when they know they are infected spreading that COVID-19 is a hoax ect. If they have to dig the graves of the people they were responsible for infecting and killing, it should put a stop to this behavior pretty quickly. Maybe make i t a bit more " real" to them so they stop mindlessly spreading it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
You know I think that is a perfectly suitable " attonement" for those refusing to wear masks, throwing parties when they know they are infected spreading that COVID-19 is a hoax ect. If they have to dig the graves of the people they were responsible for infecting and killing, it should put a stop to this behavior pretty quickly. Maybe make i t a bit more " real" to them so they stop mindlessly spreading it.
It might be an urban legend but I've heard the US Marines, in boot camp, are punished for showing poor weapon discipline(not treating their rifle like a deadly weapon) by being forced to dig a grave for a "dead" comrade. Presumably it drives the message home real quick.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It might be an urban legend but I've heard the US Marines, in boot camp, are punished for showing poor weapon discipline(not treating their rifle like a deadly weapon) by being forced to dig a grave for a "dead" comrade. Presumably it drives the message home real quick.
Yea, they may actually take precautions seriously and be mindful of their actions when they are made to understand the reality of the situation.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
People in England can now only meet in groups of more than six if they're armed. Ultimate frisbee is also allowed, because the virus was running out of ways to transmit.

That's a pretty stupid rule that has no basis in data or circumstance whatsoever. So you can only gather with 6 people whether you're in a school gym sized room or a cozy dining room? Why is gathering outside have the same restrictions for inside when outside is like a million times safer than inside? You can't have 7 people outside on a say a half acre of land but you can have 6 people together in a cramped kitchen? 6-player 7 Wonders is alright but 7-player 7 Wonders is crossing the line!!!

It reminds me of the zero tolerance episode from King of the Hill where Hank (?) says that he has zero tolerance for zero tolerance policies. That's the only zero tolerance policy I can get behind.

I hope they didn't have to wear them when digging the graves at least. I wonder what the specific face-mask wearing rules are there, like are they fining people not wearing masks indoors in public spaces (which makes sense) or are they fining some guy walking his dog because he ain't wearing a mask (which is stupid)?

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
In my book, that's getting off lightly. I'd leave them handcuffed to a chair in a room full of the victims' families and loved ones, with the understanding that "he fell down some stairs".

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
That's a pretty stupid rule that has no basis in data or circumstance whatsoever. So you can only gather with 6 people whether you're in a school gym sized room or a cozy dining room?
No, you can gather as many people under 16 years old in a school gymnasium as you want. Because if those people aren't at school their parents can't be at work. That's the system.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No, you can gather as many people under 16 years old in a school gymnasium as you want. Because if those people aren't at school their parents can't be at work. That's the system.
I meant if you had a room in your house that was the size of a school gym (not actually a school), you couldn't have 7 people gathered in it?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The horse has to be masked

I mean only 9000 people have actually died by COVID. (Or so I’ve been told on numerous occasions). So, you know, you can just spread it everywhere....

I don’t think would actually have any effect on them whatsoever. They don’t want to take responsibility for their actions