2019-2020 coronavirus pandemic (Vaccination 2021 Edition)

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
The name of the thread ought to be changed to "2019-2021"

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
The name of the thread ought to be changed to "2019-2021"
Why, you planning on there being a second early 21st century coronavirus pandemic that could be confused for the current one?

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Why, you planning on there being a second early 21st century coronavirus pandemic that could be confused for the current one?
It's a planned extension of the ordeal

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
You know I think that is a perfectly suitable " attonement" for those refusing to wear masks, throwing parties when they know they are infected spreading that COVID-19 is a hoax ect. If they have to dig the graves of the people they were responsible for infecting and killing, it should put a stop to this behavior pretty quickly. Maybe make i t a bit more " real" to them so they stop mindlessly spreading it.
You complain non-stop about America so I really don't understand why you don't move to a country like Indonesia. Primitive, traditional, egalitarian(everyone is equally poor), authoritarian, mob rule and public lynching. You'd feel right at home.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You complain non-stop about America so I really don't understand why you don't move to a country like Indonesia. Primitive, traditional, egalitarian(everyone is equally poor), authoritarian, mob rule and public lynching. You'd feel right at home.
Am I really complaining about America when I am asking Americans to care enough about their fellow citizens to make sure they don't get them sick? Asking people to be respectful to those around and mindful of their own actions is not disrespecting those around me. Those who are trying to save and protect others are the ones who love the people the most. The ones who care so little for those around them are the ones who need to be reminded of the ramifications of their actions.

Do you think people should be able to just go around making people sick because they ignore the laws? That they should be able to just disrespect all of those around them? They are the ones imposing themselves upon everyone else. They are the ones who should be addressed. One person's right's end where another's begins. One person who doesn't want to wear a mask does not have more rights than the many people who do not want to be infected by them due to their carelessness at a time where the vulnerable do not have access to adequate PPE that protects the wearer or even disinfectant in the store. The person ignoring the mask laws during a national emergency is the one who should have to be held accountable for their actions., not expect those actually caring for those they harm to leave the lands of their ancestors simply because you don't like them telling you they want accountability to those doing these things. My ancestors have been here for thousands of years, why would I be the one to move? I didn't move here and displace others. Should I move to where you are and then tell you that you should leave? I think not.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Was tested for covid yesterday, got negative result today.

It's not fun being swabbed, but nowhere near as bad as I'd read about.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Was tested for covid yesterday, got negative result today.
I'm getting out of quarantine in about a week. I have it, but I'm completely asymptomatic. My gf only had a mild fever for a day and lost the sense of smell and taste for a week or so.

Almost everyone, if not everyone will get this eventually. Best time to do so would be during summer, before the flu season and all the other shit combines. Especially if you're young and healthy. Just make sure that you're not vitamin D deficient. It seems to be one of the most important factors in this mess. We became kinda convinced that it is so we started taking it. And even though I can't prove that it helped, more and more studies are coming out confirming the importance of vitamin D in fight against Sars-Cov-2.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Just make sure that you're not vitamin D deficient. It seems to be one of the most important factors in this mess. We became kinda convinced that it is so we started taking it. And even though I can't prove that it helped, more and more studies are coming out confirming the importance of vitamin D in fight against Sars-Cov-2.
Hadn't heard that, but then having covid would be a bad time to have a vitamin deficiency, yeah.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Looks like we're going back into a weird not-a-real-lockdown up here. I can do whatever I please, but only with members of my own household. So normal then.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Maine wedding reception now linked to deaths of 7 people who didn't attend

At least seven people have died in connection to a coronavirus outbreak that continues to sicken people in Maine following a wedding reception held over the summer that violated state virus guidelines, public health authorities said. None of the seven people who have died attended the wedding, CBS affiliate WABI reported.

The August wedding reception at the Big Moose Inn in Millinocket is linked to more than 175 confirmed cases of the virus, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday.

Maine authorities have identified overlaps between the wedding reception and outbreaks elsewhere in the state. An employee of the York County Jail attended the wedding, Maine CDC officials have said. Maine health officials have also said an outbreak at a Madison rehabilitation center, which is the site of six of the seven deaths, is connected to the wedding because an employee of the facility lives in the same household as a person who attended.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I thought it would never happen, but it is poised to.

The USA is shortly to overtake the UK on officially recorded covid-19 deaths per head population - bearing in mind, of course, the two countries have different ways of recording covid-19 deaths, so direct comparisons must be taken with caution. This is largely because the UK (amidst the many, many ways it has handled covid-19 badly) was recording the deaths incorrectly, such that it had to make a major correction about a month ago and remove thousands of deaths from its covid-19 tally.

I might point out that the UK, by nationally recorded covid-19 deaths, is only behind Spain and Belgium of (significant) European countries. However, other measures (e.g. the indirect method of excess deaths in the period) suggest it may have suffered worst. This may make sense, as for instance Belgium's official definition of a covid-19 death is known to be particularly liberal.