202: Living Room Fighter

puppybeard

Oct 29, 2008
Oh, fighting games can be so frustrating. Although if I'm among friends and we're having a winner-stays-on session, it's not uncommon to, rather than handing the controller, throw it at the next persons balls, if they're sitting right.

Although Fight Night on PS3 gets people more worked up than any game I've seen, and is oneof the best fighters I've played, the only letdown here is the PS3 controllers, which are a bit light. 360 are much better for taking the wind out out of your sails.

Bayonet_Anderson

May 21, 2009
I've done quite a bit of research on this do games make people violent, to the point of writing a 2,500 word paper on it with diagrams and all sorts (Who doesn't like pictures?) and i dont think they do promote vuiolence for the majority of people. I reckon if you're already of a certain mindset then, maybe. But people who have even a small amount of self control shouldn't be affected.

monkyvirus

Jan 3, 2009
yeah when i was little me and my brother used to get into fights over tekken 3 i think its 'cause fighting games can be so frustrating and there isn't really and intelligent argument to counter someone really owning you which especially if they're pleased about it. It's like trying to talk when they keep interrupting

on the other hand it think above the age of thirteen we really should have enough self-control to let it go and not resort to bludgeoning them with controllers

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Bayonet_Anderson said:
I've done quite a bit of research on this do games make people violent, to the point of writing a 2,500 word paper on it with diagrams and all sorts.
Sounds interesting, do you have that paper online somewhere?

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I've been there a few times. Mostly with my brother. I think we both have some controller caused scars. Very cool article, congrats.

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
galletea said:
I've been there a few times. Mostly with my brother. I think we both have some controller caused scars. Very cool article, congrats.
Brothers are wonderful sources of sibling violence. My brother used to get bored and try to wake me up by putting pencils in my nose. To this day I am violent when freshly awoken. Anyway, thanks for your wonderful comment.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
See, I came across this out of context, and initially starting reading it as if it were a serious recount, and began to think wilson was a better of an amateur wrestler in his spare time.

It also works great as a bit of fiction too, though.