202: Looking for Group Therapy

Richard Hehemann

Dec 19, 2008
Looking for Group Therapy

What do MMOG characters do when they're not under players' command? In Richard Hehemann's estimation, they gather together to seek comfort from a cruel, uncaring world they can neither control nor understand.
Brandic stood in the doorway of a small room, filled with chairs arrayed in a circle. He was about to enter when he heard a man - a barbarian fighter by the looks of him - speak.

Read Full Article

Akaros

Feb 8, 2008
Oh the things our characters would say if they could talk. All we can hope is that ours won't have too much to complain about... Awesome story though, poor HaxxorBoi.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Y'know, I always wondered what our MMO characters do when we're not around. I figure they get drunk, or snort mana wyrms in the case of my blood elf characters in World of Warcraft. Or maybe play World of Earthcraft.

And poor, poor HaxxorBoi. I mourn for your lost linguistics skills.

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
I assume the one guy who talked in Ye Olde Fantasae-Englishe was from a role-playing server?

Nice story, way to rope in the tropes.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
I found it funny how the title holds the phrase "Looking For Group", and the guy who wrote it's name is Richard. Interesting read, though.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I loved every second of this - very funny (and depressingly true) stuff, man! I wonder what my character's thinking about me...

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
I feel a very real urge to apologize to my Necromancer in Guild Wars for a number of things. Things like deaths I tried my best to avoid for one, but mainly for the fact at all the armor that's available for her profession makes her look like some sort of fetish enthusiast.

I am so sorry about that, Selene. I really am...

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
I'm glad I don't play any MMOG's so I don't have to worry about scaring some sort of mage with blasting a lvl 100 beast with a lvl -2 spell

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
I feel so bad for my WoW characters, they must hate going through raids... ah well.

Oh, and hilarious stuff.

Vim-Hogar

Sep 2, 2008
Quite amusing. I'd add that I don't even play WoW, but I have enough friends who do that I suppose it's close enough.

The funny thing is though, behind it all these characters are reflections of the people who play them, with all their quirks and flaws. Certainly makes for a different angle on human nature.

Xanadeas

Oct 19, 2008
I feel sorry for my Blood Elf Mage now... That corpse run through the Plaguelands and Ghostlands at level 20 really must have hurt.

tasthesose

Mar 20, 2009
Now on to the mystery of the Refrigerator Light! But I imagine they sit around and play Lawyers & Litigants, or good old SimCity.

For Science

Apr 27, 2009
I don't play MMOs, I am spared the gilt trip.
Now I shall go and play Operation Flashpoint, Judge me as you will.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
The Great JT said:
Y'know, I always wondered what our MMO characters do when we're not around. I figure they get drunk, or snort mana wyrms in the case of my blood elf characters in World of Warcraft. Or maybe play World of Earthcraft.

And poor, poor HaxxorBoi. I mourn for your lost linguistics skills.

how said for him, maybe he should die a few times. This makes me want to go play an MMO, but it also makes me feel bad about it...

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
I just know my character is most likely a biatch...she deserves every death-wipe she gets.
But shes a Paladin, she can take it.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Man I can only hope my little Gnome Tinkerella can forgive me for the amount of times i've thrown her off Waterfalls for the sake of funny Roleplay...

Sorry, Tink' :<