GTA 3 Trilogy Soon Gunning Down Macs

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
GTA 3 Trilogy Soon Gunning Down Macs

In case you missed the fantastic last-generation Grand Theft Auto trilogy and only game on a Mac OS PC these days, Rockstar has you covered.

It's difficult to overstate just how good the three last-generation GTA games were. GTA3 blew peoples' minds and ushered in the open-world revolution. Vice City took us back to the 1980s and improved on many of the concepts in the original with a neon and pastel finish. San Andreas exploded the concept onto an unbelievably massive scale - and is personally one of my favorite videogames of all time.

So in the off chance that you're one of the twenty people on the planet who has yet to play any of these games - and if, of those, you are one of the three whose only gaming device is a Macintosh PC - then Rockstar has you covered.

In a giant Q&A session on the developer's Facebook page [http://www.facebook.com/notes/rockstar-games/asked-answered-red-dead-downloadable-content-soundtrack-classic-gtas-on-mac-the-/494312798974], Rockstar announced that the trilogy would be heading to Mac before the end of the year:

"Look for the long-awaited release of the classic Grand Theft Auto Trilogy (Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) for Mac - most likely later this year. We'll have much more info and a proper announcement soon."

Better late than never, eh?

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/10/grand-theft-auto-3-vice-city-and-san-andreas-pack-coming-to-mac/])

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Might give that a look,but GTA isn't really my thing

Also In before the mindless band-wagon of anti-Apple fanatics

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Wow, and I thought PC gamers had to wait too long.

EDIT:

Aeshi said:
Oh, sorry. BLARGH MACS IS SUCK. There ya go.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
wow, if I was a Mac user, I don't know if I'll be extremely pissed or extremely happy.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I saw it here [http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/8601/asked_&_answered_red_dead_downloadable_content_soundtrack_classic_gtas_on_mac_the_banhammer_and_much_more.article], on Rockstar's official site instead, whilst searching for Red Dead Redemption DLC news; I wasn't aware of their Facebook page.

Anyway.

Interesting move. Maybe there are a few Mac users who want to indulge in some nostalgia. Surely, there couldn't be anyone picking it up for the first time at this point in time?

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Hellz Yeah, now everyone gets to enjoy Lazlow!

This news has made me want to play through Vice City again, and by play through, I mean listen to Lazlow, and have sex with hookers. Then kill them to get my money back.

Aeshi said:
Apple?
THIS.
IS.
PC.
*Kicks Steve Jobs*

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Hey, I have a Mac!
I should get this!

If only I didn't have it already on both my PS2 and PC...

I mean, are there really people who ONLY have a Mac?
A Mac seems more like something you would get 'on the side' of stuff you already have.
Hell, I got three PC's (two still active) before I decided to get a Mac as well - and I only did it because I needed Final Cut.

I'm not really sure if this is a successful move, the few people who really have nothing more than a Mac don't really strike me as game fanatics.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Vice City is must play for anyone who likes the eighties, mostly because of music.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
I'm pretty stoked for this, especially since I never got the chance to play San Andreas (yeah, I went for the GameCube during that particular generation).

Anyway, a pleasant surprise for the end of the day. Thumbs up, Rockstar!

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Aeshi said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
inb4

How are the Apple people going to zoom in with only one button though? :)

/flameshieldup
Why do people say things like this, when it reality nobody comes to say anything like that? I obtained that giant WoW MMO Gaming Mouse for Christmas last year, and have been using it on my MacBook ever since. I can right click just fine. My mouse also has a scroll wheel, standard on any capable computer. It also has over 15 buttons.

Believe me, I can right-click.

For a person who primarily uses a Mac, this is great news for me. San Andreas was one of my favorite GTA games I ever played, and I will seriously consider picking this up when it comes out.

[sub]CJ is just as much fun to play as Niko, anyway...[/sub]

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
Bleh, I would rather they learned how to develop proper PC games first, before they worried about porting them over to a separate OS.

gilthanan

May 25, 2008
They are doing this instead of giving PC gamers Red Dead? Great marketing decision there.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Oh good lord why. I can hear the PS3 fanbase crying right now.

"Waaaaah where is our version with three platinum trophies in it waaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Honestly though, I find it puzzling that they're putting it on Mac and apparently nothing else. Unless they plan to release more info later and just wanted people to know right away it will be on Macs.