Question of the Day, September 13, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, September 13, 2010

A group of Columbia students halted their plans [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103407-Columbia-Donkey-Kong-Prank-Cancelled] to recreate a Donkey Kong level in the campus student union building. Which videogame would you recreate a level of? Why?

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
I would recreate Ravenholm from Half Life 2! Because it's awesome. I mean, who didn't like that level?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, also some levels from The Void would be really nice. They are cheap and beautiful to make. Simple as that.

Or maybe the museum or Hospital from Silent Hill 2. I remember those levels a lot.
Or maybe Sam & Max's office from their own game.
Or maybe the Bafford's Mansion from Thief.

Hayate_GT

Mar 6, 2010
ooooo....how about 'we don't go into Ravenholm' from HL2...btw i REALLY hate that stage...

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
The Mt. Nibel Reactor. that would be awesome as sooo much FFVII lore is absed around there

or Water Temple FTW!

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
I'd like to recreate some star wars scenes from games. Like when Starkiller pulls down a stardestroyer, man that would be sweet. Someone also said portal and yes I would do the entire freaking game in real life.

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
The Water Temple from Ocarina of Time, just because I'd be one of the only ones who could navigate the prick without getting lost. If music is included, I'd go for the Forest Temple (minus the giant spiders, of course) and just sit back for a couple hours listening to the soundtrack.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Wouldn't a better question be: "Which videogame level do you think you can survive in real life?"

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Valve comes to mind. As others have said, Ravensholm would be awesome. Or a life size version of a test chamber. Waterfalls for particle thingys. Portals may be a bit difficult to pull off though...
Oooor. Recreate Unreal Tournament levels. And have laser tag. Oh my god. Real life FPS lol. I'm going to need a lot of land... And resources. Anyone wanna chip in?

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
GeneticallyModifiedDucks said:
The citadel from Mass Effect comes to mind. Damn, that place is pretty.
i have to second this.... why the hell did they put the citadel out of ME2 is beyond my understanding (and no the citadel in ME2 isnt the citadel in ME1)