Not Just Another Guitar Hero Preview

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Not Just Another Guitar Hero Preview

Megadeth?s Dave Mustaine tells us how he's helping to change the series.

Read Full Article

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
Wait, it moves away from the shredtastic tone of the previous games? I think you meant to say it moves away from the mainstream leanings of the previous games and towards the shredtastic tones of GH2 and GH3.

StreetBushido

Nov 22, 2009
They gave Megadeath the freedom to create three new songs full of solos! The game is gonna be nigh impossible to beat now :p.

sizzle949

May 4, 2009
Not gonna lie, saw the words "Rush's epic 2112" and pretty much thought "buy" right away. It'll be the first one I've gotten since 2.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Arkhangelsk said:
It has Black Widow of La Porte by John 5. Any argument not to get it is invalid.
Activision cancels out any positive part of any game they corrupt.

Gene Simmons as the God of Rock? No thanks.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Outlaw Torn said:
Arkhangelsk said:
It has Black Widow of La Porte by John 5. Any argument not to get it is invalid.
Activision cancels out any positive part of any game they corrupt.

Gene Simmons as the God of Rock? No thanks.
As long as I get to play some John 5, I'm happy.

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
Dorkmaster Flek said:
Wait, it moves away from the shredtastic tone of the previous games? I think you meant to say it moves away from the mainstream leanings of the previous games and towards the shredtastic tones of GH2 and GH3.
Yeah, i read that sentence a couple times and it still doesn't make sense. No more shredding, but hey, here's a crap load of megadeth.....

And what's the difference between shredtastic tones and rock?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Maybe it's finally time for me to pick up a plastic guitar...Lords knows I'm never going to touch a real one.

Dr Megadeth

May 23, 2010
DAVE!

An adaptor for use of real guitars on these types of video games will help so many guitarists develop their own ability as well as having fun at the same time.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Finally an actual reason to play the career mode. After they unlocked every single song straight form the start in Guitar Hero 5 there really wasn't any point at all in playing the Career.

I probably would've gotten it anyway though, even if i pretty much suck at playing Guitar Hero compared to a lot of other players. (But i can play a real guitar so i don't feel bad about it =P

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Dr Megadeth said:
DAVE!

An adaptor for use of real guitars on these types of video games will help so many guitarists develop their own ability as well as having fun at the same time.
Take a look at Rock Band 3 and the Pro Guitar Controller then. It practically IS a real guitar. Real strings and frets with sensors that tell you your finger placement on-screen during play.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Ulquiorra4sama said:
Finally an actual reason to play the career mode. After they unlocked every single song straight form the start in Guitar Hero 5 there really wasn't any point at all in playing the Career.

I probably would've gotten it anyway though, even if i pretty much suck at playing Guitar Hero compared to a lot of other players. (But i can play a real guitar so i don't feel bad about it =P
That seems to be a trend with a lot of real musicians. I have a friend that's a guitarist and can't fathom the functions of the guitar controller. Similarly, I used to be a drummer and have the damnedest time using the Drum Controller. If there were attachable sensors that you could fasten to real drums for game, I'd be all over it.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
Megadeth! i love Megadeth, im a total Droogie. Any one else notice the picture on the second page was eddi with the power slave background?

Benmonkey7

Jun 15, 2010
Sweet! Megadeth is my favorite! Anyway, I love Megadeth, but I don't think that's enough to get me to buy the game. I just don't enjoy Guitar Hero and Rock Band games anymore. I just find them boring.

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
well. lets say hello again back to the feel and general playlist of guitar hero 2 and 3. i might get it. depends if i really want another guitar hero game laying around.