Fallout: New Vegas Companions Revealed

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fallout: New Vegas Companions Revealed

The roster of Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Collectors-Pc/dp/B003N0YCDA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284578404&sr=8-4] companions has been revealed and includes a doctor, a soldier, a schizophrenic Nightkin grandmother and a Mark III Cyber-Hound.

Wandering the wasteland is never as much fun alone as it is when you've got a friend at your side to help bear the load and share the laughs. Companions have always featured prominently in the Fallout [http://fallout.bethsoft.com] series and Fallout: New Vegas is no exception. Players will be able to take one humanoid and one non-humanoid pal with them on their journey across the blasted desert. But who will it be?

Someone conventional and practical, perhaps, like Boone, the young, tough former NCR soldier, or the big-thinking doctor named Arcade? Maybe you're the sort who believes that personality goes a long way and you'd be more interested in Lillian, the 203-year-old grandmother who also happens to be a heavily-medicated Nightkin Super Mutant who suffers from "dangerous schizophrenia?" Or possibly Raul, the ghoul mechanic with a "long and storied history" as a wild Mexican gunslinger?

Choices on the non-humanoid side of the coin are a little thinner: A heavily-customized, banged-up Eyebot named ED-E and the obligatory Fallout dog, albeit one with a twist: "Rex is a cybernetic dog that has been around since pre-war times," his bio says. "He was used by the Denver Police Department and Caesar's Legion before being mostly blown up during the Battle of Hoover Dam. Since then, he's been the loyal pet of The King of The Kings in Freeside. Capable of sniffing out loot and taking a large amount of punishment, he only has one (big) problem: his brain is starting to deteriorate."

The full list of Fallout: New Vegas companions and images has been posted on the PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/15/fallout-new-vegas-for-ps3-meet-the-companions/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29], but consider yourself warned: Minor spoilers are hidden within. View at your own risk! Fallout: New Vegas is scheduled for release on October 19 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mmmmmm none of them convinces me yet, but heck, none of the FO3 originals ever did.

Actual Charlie Nash

Jul 9, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
A heavily-customized, banged-up Eyebot named ED-E
i hope that is a reference to edi-e from final fight

EDIT: is that a TUNNEL SNAKE i see in the right of the picture?

Amnestic said:
Or EDI from Mass Effect 2?
eh that is probably it but i want my final fight reference =(

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Granny! Get out the gattling gun! There be Raiders to kill!

I swear here and now to yell that out when I play

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
This game is a definite buy, and after reading this i want it even more..
A Futurama like dog and killer grandma by your side, this just seems like insta-win..

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I sure hope that most of them can sneak this time...

Charon was the only one that could in 3.

Lily sounds promising for that role, though.

Ashendarei

Feb 10, 2009
heh I like the idea, but I've never liked the companions.

They almost always have a pathetic AI, running in front of bullets is NOT a good strategy!

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Wait. Justafuckinminute. Super Mutant Grandmother? Anybody else see the contradiction there?

They're sterile.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
blindthrall said:
Wait. Justafuckinminute. Super Mutant Grandmother? Anybody else see the contradiction there?

They're sterile.
I'm pretty sure her Grandmother status is referring to how she was before she became a Super Mutant.

*sigh* Ninja'd.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
I like how this new dog's ablities sound. I never had the time to have dogmeat search for stuff using the dialog menu so hopefully now I'll be able to actually find stuff using the passive ability.