TGS '10: Spidey and Wesker Join Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Fintan Monaghan

May 7, 2010
TGS '10: Spidey and Wesker Join Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Marvel's webslinger and the Resident Evil villain are the latest additions to the rapidly growing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 cast.

As expected, Capcom has unleashed a quartet of new fighters for MvC 3.

First up today came the return of an old favorite. It's no surprise that everyone's friendly neighborhood Spider-man is back for MvC 3. As one of Marvel's most recognizable characters Capcom would have been crazy to leave him out.

Much more interesting was the unveiling of Resident Evil's Albert Wesker as an all-new playable character. The addition of Chris Redfield to the cast had already made this one a distinct possibility, but now that it's confirmed, Resident Evil fans can start rubbing their hands in anticipation of epic showdowns/uneasy alliances between the two.

These join earlier announcements of returning Megaman antagonist Tron Bonne for Capcom and X-23 for Marvel. Admittedly, we've been out of the Marvel universe for a while, but a quick trip to Wikipedia reveals that X-23 is Wolverine's test-tube sister from the Weapon X Program. Ah, the power of learning ...

TGS 2010 reporting is done jointly by Fintan Monaghan and Lisa Gay.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
This sounds awesome. I personally Hate spidey tho. Hes my one fight that I can never win.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
So, never minding the huge cast of characters, this is a game with Spider-Man, Viewtiful Joe, and Deadpool.

I am so buying this game on day one.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
You know, I've never been really interested in following this game, but after watching that trailer, and seeing Deadpool knock the crap out of Viewtiful Joe with his own damn health bar, I will now definitely purchase this.

Day, fucking, one.

TehAudioSurfer

May 25, 2010
I know I suck so bad at fighting games but this roster alone is worth learning all those silly button combos.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
...can this be for PC? I gave up on fighting games after Killer Instinct 2, but this is just so fookin' over the top that it can't help but be fun.

And the bit with Deadpool? Yes. HILARIOUS.

[small]Chris: "So I'm stuck here fighting on a street... and my partners are a Japanese sun goddess in the form of a wolf, and a hyperactive catgirl. Suddenly I want to go back to Africa."[/small]

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Slowly my resolve wears down...I think it will be inevitable that I buy this.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Wesker and Spidey aren't in that video, and no accompanying screen shots. *disappointment*...

Oh well, I was wondering if Spider-Man was gonna be in it (and not at all surprised that he's back), and Wesker... I just don't see how he's gonna fit, so that will be interesting when we finally do get some pictures/video of him in action. (I'm guessing he'll probably end up a buffed version of Jill in MvC2.)

Update: Found it! [http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82104/tgs-2010-marvel-vs-capcom-3-sees-two-new-characters/] Two words: fkn awesome! (five more words: shut the f up, audience!) lol

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
....No! Why do they want to hurt my wallet so badly?!

OT: I as so getting this game on day one. I already thought the roster was awesome enough but with Wesker...MUST BUYT IT!

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
GameSpot and Kotaku have actual videos of Spidey and Wesker for those who want to see them in action.

I have no love for Wesker as a character but he does look pretty cool to play.. and almost Strider like in some ways, which sort of eases my pain that Strider hasn't been announced yet. Almost... *cry*

Spidey looks almost exactly like he did in every VS game to this point. I've never been a Spidey player so his announcement doesn't excite me one bit, especially considering everyone knew it was coming anyway.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
hmmm spiderman... I remember that little git from MVC 2 *flashback* web ball! web ball! web swing! web ball!... FFFFUUUUUUUUU *flashback ends*

Although I don't really care about those two I gotta say I love all the choices so far :D

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Spider-man comes as no surprise, but Wesker, while not entirely unexpected, is nice to have. I was really getting sick of Marvel getting all the villains, and I was wondering when we were gonna get a few from Capcom.

This roster is shaping up VERY nicely.

SmilesX-23

Isn't much of anything
Dec 15, 2009
Yes! X-23 is going to be in this game, words cannot contain my joy.
Truly, truly awesome.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
It took Capcom this fucking long to reveal Spidey?!

Ah, whatever. Spidey, Viewtiful Joe, and Deadpool here I come!

baka52

Sep 13, 2010
i had alot of fun with MVC2 and this seems like its going to be awsome but a few things bug me like the art style and the TVC controls but ill probably still go and get it first thing when it arives in the UK
my team
veiwtiful joe
wesker
& dante

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Wesker?!?!
Is that even legal!?!?
I mean, putting Wesker against anyone not Wesker is like putting Mike Tyson against a 9 year old with Down's Syndrome!! Except mike tyson can teleport and the kid with Down's Syndrom is fast asleep because hes in a diabetic coma!!

And hes not just teleporting Mike Tyson, hes MECHA TELEPORTING MIKE TYSON VXXI!!! With laser beam eyes!! PEW PEW PEW!!

Ugh. I need to up my medicine dosage again. >.>;