Cthulhu Deodorant Emits Smell of the Old Ones

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Cthulhu Deodorant Emits Smell of the Old Ones

Cthulhu can now check "create my own deodorant" off of his bucket list.

Though I had always imagined that it'd be pretty terrible, I never thought I'd know how Cthulhu [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu] smelled, primarily because once you get that close he's probably doing something so terrible to you that you've got other things on your mind. Thankfully, the smell of the Great Old One has been bottled and is now being sold by Cthulhu himself.

For Cthulhu's first Great Old Spice deodorant commercial he basically copied the style of a recent Dung Beetle Comics [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE].

Cthulhu reminds us that while we never can be him, we can at least smell like him with Great Old Spice deodorant. The product doesn't just make women go wild, it can also make them speak in tounges not audible to the human ear.

Cthulhu fhtagn!

(Cthulhu is a powerful godlike creature created by H.P. Lovecraft and first appeared in short story The Call of Cthulhu. He's made it into many other works including his own Scribblenauts [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Cthulhu-Dark-Corners-Earth-Pc/dp/B000EXU98G], and Dungeons & Dragons.)

Source: Dung Beetle Comics [http://www.dungbeetlecomics.com/2010/09/15/cthulhu-makes-his-own-old-spice-commercial/]

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Julianking93 said:
I wonder if it smells how I always imagined him to smell.
What is a transdimensional god-being supposed to smell like? Although living under the sea...fishy?

Got to love all of the references to the titles of Lovecrafts stories.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
flaming_squirrel said:
Julianking93 said:
What is a transdimensional god-being supposed to smell like? Although living under the sea...fishy?
Yes, fishy and of dead bodies.

Corpsy I guess

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
FargoDog said:
Julianking93 said:
..What do you imagine him to smell like?

OT: If this was real, it would be on my 'Must-Buy' list, just for sheer novelty value. It would go right alongside Tentacle Grape.
LIke I said earlier, fishy and corpsey.

And no! Tentacle Grape comes first in novelty items to buy!!!

scythecow

Aug 30, 2010
Not going to lie, I'd buy it and use it if it existed. Nothing gives confidence like deodorant endorsed by Cthulhu.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
"I'a old spice"? Rolls off the proboscis about as well as anything other lovecraftian gibberish, I guess.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
FargoDog said:
Julianking93 said:
FargoDog said:
Julianking93 said:
..What do you imagine him to smell like?

OT: If this was real, it would be on my 'Must-Buy' list, just for sheer novelty value. It would go right alongside Tentacle Grape.
LIke I said earlier, fishy and corpsey.

And no! Tentacle Grape comes first in novelty items to buy!!!
True. Tentacle Grape: When Ordinary Soda Simply Isn't Creepy Enough.
I approve.

Binerexis

Dec 11, 2009
I didn't really find that funny, it was trying to be too "OH YEAH, THERE WAS AN OLD SPICE COMMERCIAL WHERE THE BLACK GUY HELD UP RANDOM ITEMS AND THIS IS LIKE THAT!".

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Oh. My. God.

Cthulu deodorant? I have truely seen everything now.

Bet it smells exactly like insanity. Beautiful, beautiful insanity *smells like Duke Nukem Forever actually coming out*

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Wait, am I the only one who thought this advert was pile of rubbish?

Dont get me wrong, I love Cthulhu and all, if this stuff existed I would totally buy a bottle but this advert.... guys, it fucking sucked.

pope_of_larry

Oct 18, 2009
Fasckira said:
Wait, am I the only one who thought this advert was pile of rubbish?

Dont get me wrong, I love Cthulhu and all, if this stuff existed I would totally buy a bottle but this advert.... guys, it fucking sucked.
i concur it was rubbish. you need more then cthulhu for something to be good.

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
That was actually funny, and I'm glad I got all the H.P.Lovecraft references in the video.