World of Warcraft Players Soon Able to Chat On the Go

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
World of Warcraft Players Soon Able to Chat On the Go

Even when at work or school, nobody has to stop chatting with their World of Warcraft guild mates anymore.

Blizzard is constantly making it easier for Remote Auction House [http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Pc/dp/B002I0HKIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1285178666&sr=8-1] addition to the Mobile Armory application on the web, the iTunes App store, and Android store in May, Blizzard has announced a future functionality addition that will also allow players to chat with guild members no matter where they are.

The application previously only allowed mobile character management and World of Warcraft auction house fiddling. Now, for no extra charge, it'll allow you to make fun of guild members that you dislike but tolerate due to their character spec all day long.

The guild chat feature is included in the $2.99 monthy cost associated with the premium version of the Remote Auction House, and soon those subscribers will also be able to guild chat through the Armory's website as well. It includes the additions of officer chat (for guild leaders) and whispers to guild members. Only players that are online can be conversed with through the application.

Blizzard may increase mobile chat functionality even further in the future, but no specific plans were revealed. The addition was announced as "coming soon," so it could be expected within the next month or so. This is a great idea of Blizzard's, but don't World of Warcraft players need a break... sometime?

Source: Blizzard Forums [http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=26850248319&sid=1]

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
oh man....not like we already dont do this tho...i have10+ old guildmates #'s and facebook's and what not....really tho..do we need to be bothered ALL day? lol

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Oh Blizzard, you're always so attentive to the fanbase. I may have left WoW long ago, but it's nice to see you keep the players connected, no matter where they are.

Pandora92

Apr 2, 2010
Sounds cool for people that play WoW, doesn't really affect me, but I've always wished that Valve would come out with something like this for Steam, some website or program or app that lets you log into Steam and chat with Steam friends without needing to actually install Steam first (useful for college or when you're out and about), guess I can keep on wishing... :/

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
That's nice that Mr. Kotick keeps pushing those microtransations through that don't affect the game; more revenue from the game means more money to build a better game. However, soon as he pushes something through that actually affects gameplay I'll have no problem moving on.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Z of the Na said:
Oh Blizzard, you're always so attentive to the fanbase. I may have left WoW long ago, but it's nice to see you keep the players connected, no matter where they are.
Connected, or unable to escape? From the sounds of it, I left at the right time.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I wonder if they will include the functionality to send mail to other players.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
"World of Warcraft on the go! To control your life even more!"

Seems like some people can't even escape their WoW life even once they're not playing it.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Z of the Na said:
Connected, or unable to escape? From the sounds of it, I left at the right time.
Hah, I see your point. Perhaps this is Blizzard's way of drawing the players in even more.

WoW had gotten rather grindy and lame toward the end of my run, when the game was more about obtaining better gear and raising tiny stats then about actually being fun. I'm glad I left, I don't think I will be going back.

[sub]Guild Wars 2, on the other hand, looks awesome...[/sub]

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Yay! The new and improved crack!

Well, I suppose can still make contact with friends then

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
Mackheath said:
More attempts by Blizzard to find ways of making money.

Ah well, power to them; if people want it then go for it.
Pshh. I'm not giving anymore than I need to play monthly (well, I might buy Cata)

Hell, I've already paid:

-30$ WoW classic
-45$ WoW: BC
-60$ WoW: WotLK
-25$ Character transfer
-??$ I forgethow many months I've played (less than 1 year so far)

So I'm guessing something over $200...

Also, I think I've figured out what they're planning to do with all of the cash -- Buy some poor european countries and make REAL LIFE Warcraft.

[small]...or a WoW theme park...which would be cool to see.[/small]

steamweedlegoblin

Apr 28, 2010
Fallen Earth already has this functionality with its mobile app. It even goes a step further by allowing you to craft items from within the app, but they don't charge an extra monthly fee for it.

I'm just sayin...