Ratchet & Clank Creator Teases LittleBigPlanet Add-On

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Ratchet & Clank Creator Teases LittleBigPlanet Add-On

A recent Twitter update from Ratchet & Clank developer Insomniac Games hints at an upcoming R&C-themed add-on for PlayStation 3 exclusive LittleBigPlanet.

"Replies from @mmalex, lbp levells coming, r&c content done, coming soon hopefully, up next for mm, big pack, bigger than mgs even," reads @insomniacgames [http://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1849951486] Twitter account.

Despite spelling errors and obvious shorthand, two notable points stand out: "r&c content done" and "up next for mm, big pack, bigger than mgs even."

The first is somewhat nebulous, as it could theoretically refer to some unknown Ratchet & Clank content for any platform, not necessarily LittleBigPlanet. Since Insomniac has yet to mention that it is working on a new R&C game or any DLC for the last title, this seems a bit unlikely.

Especially considering that second snippet, which is obviously referring to the relatively recently released Metal Gear Solid-themed DLC pack for LBP.

Why would Insomniac mention the LBP's MGS add-on unless the aforementioned R&C content was also an unannounced LBP addition?

Whereas the Xbox 360 has Halo and the Wii has Mario and all of his cronies, the PlayStation 3 is starved for a recognizable brand to hang its hat on. It seems quite likely that Sony would want to stitch a few of its most loved brands together in a bid to create a makeshift (albeit Frankensteinian) face for the console.

Since LBP has already seen add-ons featuring the PlayStation 3's other flagship entries (read: Metal Gear Solid and Killzone), would a Ratchet & Clank DLC pack shock anyone?

[Via PS3 Fanboy [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/19/insomniac-tweet-hints-at-upcoming-ratchet-and-clank-lbp-pack/]]

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Ratchet & Clank are pretty poor mascots for the PS3. Sure, I love Ratchet & Clank, but they're exactly as well known as Halo or Mario.

heliosa

Jul 24, 2008
But But... I'm confused... He said "lbp levells coming" Isn't that a point of interest?

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Since Insomniac has yet to mention that it is working on a new R&C game or any DLC for the last title, this seems a bit unlikely.
....they announced Crack in Time at the Games Developer Conference. It was one of the things that wasn't Onlive or majorly dissapointing.

And the Ps3 does have a recognisable brand, it has four - Snake, Sackboy, Ratchet and Kratos.
Exactly what I was gonna say minus the mascots

I'd love some Ratchet and Clank DLC
heliosa said:
But But... I'm confused... He said "lbp levells coming" Isn't that a point of interest?
Yes. It's gonna be like the MSG pack but with even more stuff and R&C themed (obviously)

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Not sure what you mean by 'starved for a recognizable brand', Sony has probably the most franchises to put behind its console since they have a lot of interally developed ones.

Oh yea, the next R+C game has been announced, that's just lazy, you should do your research.
I'd pick this up for LBP.