Complete Call of Duty: Black Ops Achievement List Leaks Out

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Complete Call of Duty: Black Ops Achievement List Leaks Out

If you want to know every single achievement (and PSN trophy) in Call of Duty: Black Ops, the internet is now happy to oblige. (Warning: Spoilers!)

Black Ops may be over a month away at this point, but that doesn't mean that the internet buzz - and consequently the internet leaks - can't already start warming up. 1UP [http://www.1up.com/news/call-duty-black-ops-achievements] has a full and complete list of the achievements and trophies in the upcoming mega-shooter, which you can find below.

Be warned, there are spoilers here. Spoilers that will be discussed after the list:

[blockquote]Sacrifice -- Ensure your squad escapes safely from Cuba -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Death to Dictators -- Use a single round to bring down Castro -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Vehicular Slaughter -- Destroy all enemies on vehicles during the prison break -- 25 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Give me liberty, or give me death -- Escape Vorkuta -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Slingshot Kid -- Destroy all slingshot targets in 3 attempts -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
VIP -- Receive orders from Lancer -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
A safer place -- Sabatoge the Soviet space program -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Tough Economy -- Use no more than 6 TOW guided missiles to destroy the tanks in the defense of Khe Sanh -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Looks don't count -- Break the seige in the battle of Khe Sanh -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
SOG Rules -- Retrieve the dossier and the defector from Hue City -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Raining Pain -- Rack up a bodycount of 20 NVA using air support in Hue City -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
The Dragon Within -- Kill 10 NVA with Dragon's Breath rounds -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Heavy Hand -- Use the Grim Reaper to destroy the MG emplacement -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Up close and personal -- Silently take out 3 VC -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Double Trouble -- Use only dual wield weapons to escape Kowloon -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Broken English -- Escape Kowloon -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Lord Nelson -- Destroy all targets and structures while making your way up the river -- 25 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Never get off the boat -- Find the Soviet connection in Laos -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Pathfinder -- Guide the squad through the Soviet outpost without them getting killed -- 5 Achievement Points (Xbox 360)0 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Mr. Black OP -- Enter the Soviet relay station undetected -- 5 Achievement Points (Xbox 360)0 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
With extreme prejudice -- Get to the POW compound in the Hind using only rockets -- 25 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Russian bar-b-q -- Incinerate 10 enemies with the flamethrower attachment in the POW compound -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Light Foot -- Escape the ship with 2:15 left on the timer in Veteran. -- 30 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Some wounds never heal -- Escape the past -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
I hate monkeys -- Kill 7 monkeys in under 10 seconds in the Rebirth labs -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
No Leaks -- Make it through the NOVA 6 gas without dying on Rebirth Island -- 5 Achievement Points (Xbox 360)0 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Clarity -- Crack the code -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Double Whammy -- Destroy both helicopters with one TOW guided missile from the deck of the ship -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
BLACK OP MASTER -- Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360)0, Gold Trophy (PS3)
Stand Down -- Complete the campaign on any difficulty -- 35 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Frag Master -- Kill 5 enemies with a single frag grenade -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Sally Likes Blood -- Demonstrate killer economic sensibilities by taking down 3 enemies with a single bullet -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Unconventional Warfare -- Use the explosive bolts to kill 30 enemies -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Down and Dirty -- Complete "SOG" and "The Defector" on Veteran difficulty -- 25 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
It's your funeral -- Complete "Numbers," "Project Nova" and "Victor Charlie" on Veteran difficulty -- 25 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Cold Warrior -- Complete "Operation 40", "Vorkuta", and "Executive Order" on Veteran difficulty -- 25 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Not Today -- Complete "Crash Site," "WMD" and "Payback" on Veteran difficulty -- 25 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Burn Notice -- Complete "Rebirth" and "Redemption" on Veteran difficulty -- 25 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Silver Trophy (PS3)
Closer Analysis -- Find all the hidden intel -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Matinee -- Watch a film or clip with a friend -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Gamblin' Fool -- Finish 5 Wager Matches "in the money" -- 20 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
You can do it -- Reach rank 10 in Basic Training -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
The Collector -- In Zombie mode, buy every weapon off the walls in a single game -- 20 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
CLASSIFIED -- CLASSIFIED -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Hands Off the Merchandise -- Kill the Pentagon thief before it can steal your load-out -- 20 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Sacrificial Lamb -- Kill 6 zombies after getting shot by a Pack-a-Punched Crossbow bolt -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
"Insert Coin" -- Access the terminal and battle the forces of the Cosmic Silverback in Dead Ops Arcade -- 10 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
Easy Rhino -- In Dead Ops Arcade, use a Speed Boost to blast through 20 or more enemies at one time -- 5 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
CLASSIFIED -- CLASSIFIED -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)
CLASSIFIED -- CLASSIFIED -- 15 Achievement Points (Xbox 360), Bronze Trophy (PS3)[/blockquote]

There are some interesting ones there, but the one that sticks out to me is "Death to Dictators -- Use a single round to bring down Castro," because unless I am drastically misreading it, it sounds like we're going to be tasked with assassinating Fidel Castro.

Which, y'know, never actually happened in history. What, are we taking out his identical twin Bill Castro or something?

(1UP [http://www.1up.com/news/call-duty-black-ops-achievements])

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
interesting, but I have only one thing to say...

Castro, they just couldnt leave him alone, could they

if the achievement is for killing Castro, it pretty much only shows that some north americans are still with the blue balls of never getting to kill him and the existence of comunism in Cuba

though that's just my personal thoughts on the matter

now I just want to know if this will really be "pay to play" or it would be just like another online game

The_Puppy_Prince

Jul 28, 2010
teh_Canape said:
interesting, but I have only one thing to say...

Castro, they just couldnt leave him alone, could they

if the achievement is for killing Castro, it pretty much only shows that some north americans are still with the blue balls of never getting to kill him and the existence of comunism in Cuba

though that's just my personal thoughts on the matter

now I just want to know if this will really be "pay to play" or it would be just like another online game
I honestly felt like that Castro thing would pop up in some FPS eventually
xD

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Actually it's debatable whether we killed Castro or not. If you pay attention to a lot of conspiricy theories, a lot of them point to us doing exactly that... multiple times. The thing is that Castro is one of those leaders infamous for using body doubles, and actors to assume his identity. Few people (if anyone) knowing where Castro is, or has been, at any given time. Many years ago I remember seeing a thing on the internet showing a bunch of public clips of Castro and the various slight differances (with this being compared to some of the Saddam body doubles).

At any rate, one of the big stories out there is that we killed the real Fidel Castro a long time ago, and the guy playing the role is one of the duplicates, the reality of the guy being irrelevent as long as the people believe in him. This having been planned ahead of time. Some theories even go so far as to say that we iced not only the real Castro, but several successors, but he had so many doubles out there who had been prepped for that, that it's done very little to change anything.

Of course there are even crazier theories that the Castro of today *IS* a CIA Agent who stepped into the role as one of the duplicates. He plays the game you would expect from Castro, but the fact that he's ultimatly our man/sock puppet is why we pay less attention
to Cuba nowadays. The US actually being one of it's own minor enemies to the public.

I'm not saying any of this is true, or that I believe it. It does however make good fodder for a video game. Especially if they keep it within the conspiricy theories and your Black Ops guy *DOES* kill Castro but then another Castro steps up (so to speak) and none of the press acknowleges it as the Cuban leadership simply exercises a plan that was in place ahead of time. One could also in theory shoot Castro and then install the CIA replacement. These conrpicicy theories being "true" for the sake of the game since it's kind of an exciting cloak and dagger black ops idea.

One thing I will also say that is kind of funny, is that a lot of these theories involve "evidence" stemming from things like Castron's minor league baseball career. Tourists to Cuba used to love to get Castro to sign baseballs, and by all reports he thought doing that was kind of cool since he liked the game, despite his enimity with the US. Years ago his attitude there suddenly changed. Allegedly this is because one of the ways his location was being tracked was by comparing his signature on baseballs to various samples left in the US. Supposedly those baseballs were used in many cases to keep track of the real one and the body doubles. Supposedly he stopped doing this not so much because of the tracking but because of the fact that someone who was paying attention could deduce that the REAL Castro was dead due to the disappearance of his signature.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Castro was attempted assassinated so many times over the years that it's possible that the achievment is actually for succesfully possibly assassinating him.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Sounds fun, too bad I'm really considering not buying any games that have to do with Activision until someone takes their head out of their ass...

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm still not sure why people care about achievements. Does that number and trophy score really mean more than just having fun with a game?

I don't mean it against the discussion, basically I'm just curious why there are these people who like, NEED to get achievements. To the point where they're sitting in multiplayer to the detriment of the entire team doing something just to get that achievement.

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
now the real question is: is it gonna be fun to play? cuz i was looking at the list at first going "really? SOMEBODY'S pissed they f'd up about castro" and then i thought about it, "that would make a good fiction story......hmmmm"

but seriously, gameplay, if my guns sound like airsoft guns crossed with a water gun, and i have a hud all over the place breaking immersion, f-that. hud's are handy, dont get me wrong, but man, mw2's broke flow all the time :/ good for mp (even though the mp sucks, direct xbox port for the SUCK.) but crap for sp.

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
Ooooo achievements that let you change history. Interesting.

"Ahh the Americans aren't so bad, they named a street after me in in San Francisco...(assistant whispers into Castro's ear) It's full of what!?!?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, I am sure people are already plotting what they are going to go for and how