Razer's Tron Mouse is a Mini Lightcycle

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Razer's Tron Mouse is a Mini Lightcycle

If you've ever wanted to pilot a lightcycle from Tron, then Razer is putting you in a (miniature) driver's seat with its new mouse.

Remember how, over the summer, Disney revealed that it was going to release <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101561-Tell-Us-if-the-Tron-Action-Figure-is-Creepy-or-Cool>a slew of merchandise tied to its upcoming film, Tron: Legacy? Some of the stuff looked pretty cool (like the iPod player shaped like a combat disc), some of it looked creepy (like the hologram action figures), and some of it just looked kind of mediocre (like the mouse from Razer). Razer, however, has released some footage of the mouse that makes it actually look pretty cool: It leaves light trails in the same way the movie's lightcycles do.

Of course, you can't get into fierce combat races to the death with this setup, but it's certainly cool to look at. The mouse sounds like a pretty high-end mouse, overall, boasting a 5600 dpi optical sensor and wireless connectivity.

According to Razer's official product page, the mouse will also feature "unique light and sound effects straight from the movie. Let the mouse react to your actions on the Game Grid with authentic light alerts." No official price has been announced for the mouse/pad combo, though other sites are listing it at $99. I'm not sure I'd want to spend that much money on any kind of mouse, though I do have a birthday coming up ...

Source: Geek.com

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
i couldn't listen to those 'whoosh' noises day in and day out.
(did i just admit i spend too much time at the computer?)

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
i love my razer mice and i am near 100% sure you could turn the sound off in drivers i not that would be a stupid move lol.

but since their other high dpi mice run anywhere from 60 to 120+ dollars, i would guess 100 might be a bit low for the dpi plus the gimmics plus the license tie in on that thing, but if it is 100 compared to their other mice that is not bad, plus you got to count the geek factor in the high 1000s for that thing.

i am sure in some circles that will make more people razor owners no matter what the final price is.

saw shots of the keyboard they got coming out that it labeled tron and that thing is really rad looking, too bad i know that will cost an arm and a leg cause their kb are always rather overpriced imo at lest. tho maybe i will get me one for xmas or something.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Now thats pretty cool! I will admit im a sucker for anythingtron though, heh

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
vansau said:
According to Razer's official product page, the mouse will also feature "unique light and sound effects straight from the movie. Let the mouse react to your actions on the Game Grid with authentic light alerts." No official price has been announced for the mouse/pad combo, though other sites are listing it at $99. I'm not sure I'd want to spend that much money on any kind of mouse, though I do have a birthday coming up ...
As soon as your mouse starts making random sound effects, its usefulness as a gaming mouse has significantly decreased.

EscChaos

Feb 14, 2008
Sure the light effect is pretty cool, but bear in mind that this is a RAZER-mouse with 5600 dpi which essentially means that you're going to jiggle it back an forth, 2cm tops, never getting to see it.