Penguins Scour the World for Underwear in Prinny Sequel

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Penguins Scour the World for Underwear in Prinny Sequel

North America is getting the sequel to the only game to ever feature 1,000 penguins.

Whether you love or hate Disgaea [http://www.amazon.com/Disgaea-3-Absence-Justice-Playstation/dp/B001C4C4KW/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1286735251&sr=1-2] developer Nippon Ichi Software's games, it's tough to say they aren't original. One of the company's unique series, featuring an exploding penguin with 1,000 lives, will be coming to North America for a second time.

NIS America and Sony recently announced that the sequel to Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? [http://www.amazon.com/Prinny-Really-Hero-Online-Game/dp/B0030GFIP8/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1286735091&sr=1-2] will be released on UMD and on the PlayStation Network for the PSP early next year. I never thought that NIS could beat out the original game's weirdness factor, which cast players as 1,000 scarf-wearing penguins searching for the ultimate dessert ingredients, but the sequel definitely tops Hero.

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! once again has players taking on the roles of hundreds of penguins, but now they must sacrifice their lives to search for the female demon lord Etna's lost underwear. If they don't find it, they'll be made into underwear themselves.

It's a side-scrolling action platformer just like the first game, and though it can be quite challenging, Prinny 2 gives players 1,000 lives (and three difficultly levels) to make it manageable. Players double jump and slash their way through various stages while going up against enemies such as ghosts and evil apples.

According to NIS America, Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! will have "new skills, new stages, a new story, and a bonus story with a new main character," meaning Princess Etna or another NIS character will also be getting his/her/its hands dirty this time around. NIS says there will be a special bonus for those that pre-order, but it hasn't been revealed. Prinny 2 is scheduled for release in January.

Source: PS Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/08/prinny-2-dawn-of-operation-panties-dood-for-psp-coming-january-2011/]

twcblaze

Lurker Extraordinaire
Jun 18, 2009
looks like something I'll definitely have to pick up, I'm a bit of a rabid disgaea fan.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
cursedseishi said:
Scrumpmonkey said:
"Japan...exploding penguins...collecting used panties"

Yep, just another normal day.
Just wait til Prinny Grenades are weaponized... next world war we'll all be screwed, as grenades rain down yelling "This ain't what I signed for, dooooood!"
I think one of the Disgaea games has a Prinny Airstrike move ;D

I could be thinking of something else but I hope not, Prinny Airstrike sounds awesome.

VickyBit

Sep 23, 2009
AC10 said:
Am i the only one weirded out by how sexualized Etna is?
Well, I personally don't feel like judging people for liking 1470-year olds. Each to their own, and all that :V

Also hell yeah, I've been waiting for a translation for this ever since I heard there was gonna be a sequel. THANK YOU NIS~

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
AC10 said:
Etna? ALL the demons are either sexualized (if there human shaped)or beastly (if your like a dragon)

I mean Laharl is constantly shirtless and wearing short shorts.

It's just how Disgaea is, the demons are all sex fiends and the humans/Angels are... not.

Well not as much.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
VickyBit said:
AC10 said:
Well, I personally don't feel like judging people for liking 1470-year olds. Each to their own, and all that :V

Also hell yeah, I've been waiting for a translation for this ever since I heard there was gonna be a sequel. THANK YOU NIS~
The issue is that they're 1470 year olds who look like 8 year olds.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Step 1: Collect Underpants
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

(seriously? Nobody yielded to the temptation to post this?)

VickyBit

Sep 23, 2009
AC10 said:
VickyBit said:
AC10 said:

The issue is that they're 1470 year olds who look like 8 year olds.
Geez, judging people by their looks now? THAT'S LIKE, SO SUPERFICIAL :V

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I've been looking forward to this game for a while now. It will be both glorious and frustrating as all hell, but awesome none the less. Wish the release date was closer, oh well I got Ghost of Sparta next month and VC2 will keep me occupied for a good while.

Aslo, that extra story mode you are referring to is calls Asagi wars. Picture contra but with Asagi wearing a prinny costume, fucking awesome. I still gotta play through asagis story line in the first game....and beat her god forsaken level which is the most cruel thing I've experienced in a long time.