Nexon Gives Vindictus a Launch Date

valiscari0t

Mar 10, 2010
Nexon Gives Vindictus a Launch Date

Where is your Goddess? Find out in two weeks!

Few things pique my interest and perk up my ears like the mention of an upcoming free-to-play MMO. Finding the time to invest in a new long-term, sprawling game with thousands of others is always tricky, but it makes it a lot easier for me to justify my investment when I know that it won't be hurting my wallet month after month (micro-transactions notwithstanding). As a result, I've been pretty excited to see more about Vindictus [http://vindictus.nexon.net/], Nexon's soon-to-be-released title.

How soon is soon? According to G4TV [http://g4tv.com], just a scant two weeks away. With a new (and gorgeous) trailer up, G4TV confirmed that the new title will officially launch on October 27, 2010. That is far sooner than I anticipated, and I, for one, am overjoyed to get my hands on this dark and brutal-looking MMO before November.

This free-to-play hack-and-slash style game is set up as a prequel to the popular Mabinogi, but is set several hundred years before the time of that game. In this world torn asunder by war, destruction, and despair, the people ceaselessly fight the humanoid beasts that roam freely and desperately wait, as they have for countless generations, for the fulfillment of The Legend, which claims that their black-winged Goddess will deliver them from this world and into the paradise of Erinn, a land without pain or death.

Does that sound up your alley? In two weeks, you can find out for yourself.

Source: Massively [http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/708044/Vindictus-Exclusive-Trailer----Giving-Your-MMOre-of-this-Fantasy-MMO.html]

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I actually got a chance to play this game during the beta and I have to admit I was impressed and surprised. It felt more like an action MMO with an RPG element to me but with a unique twist. I didn't really get into the multiplayer part too much but I guess that is something to look forward to.

hansari

May 31, 2009
I bookmarked the site for it a while back.

Still surprises me how its gonna be free to play with the graphics it has...

Now I need to get a better pc...

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
I'll likely give it a try and all.. though most of my excitements reserved for the Mabinogi 2 project >.> (which is distinct from Mabinogi Heroes/Vindictus).

Still if nothing else, it'll be interesting to see what happened during the Fomor Wars - but are you sure they're talking about Morrighan taking them to Erinn? I thought Erinn's where it took place, the legendary paradise being Tir na Nog. Certainly that's the case with Mabinogi itself (although Tir na Nog turned out to not be all that much of a paradise), and the Celtic mythology the series is based on...

Philbyy

May 25, 2010
Any indication when/if it will become available in Europe/the UK? I could probably join anyway but my latency to servers in America would be aweful...

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
this is the 1st time i see this ... i shat a brick.. that style of gameplay as an mmo is what i wanted since i started using the internet and its FREE i think iam about to faint...

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Source Engine game :O yay for havok physics! XD

I will try this. i believe its currently on OPEN BETA. mite turn out like Guild wars ever everything is Instanced isnt it? o wells Hack and Slash MMO! WOOOOO.

Apr 28, 2008
hansari said:

0:50: Fucking hilarious

OT: I missed the beta sadly. It finally downloaded on the day it was over :(

Still though, the above gameplay trailer has me really interested. Looks like the combat will be fun!

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I was in the beta and absolutely loved it. The graphics were incredible, especially for a free-to-play game. I had a lot of fun with it and can't wait for the full game. I was genuinely surprised at how good it was.

Razgrizaces

Jul 13, 2009
hansari said:

I've been playing Nexon games for quite a bit(about 3 years), and 3 out of their 6 current games, Combat Arms, Maplestory and Dungeon Fighter Online. It's ALWAYS Free To Play, but there's always an option to pay for stuff. It's called NX (AKA Nexon Cash), currency you can use to spend on cool looking weapons and items to help you in game. In Combat Arms, which is like a F2P shooter, what a lot of us say is, Free To Play, Pay To Win.

I might download Vindictus. Looks pretty sweet, and the rave from everybody else hints I probably should.

Philbyy said:
Any indication when/if it will become available in Europe/the UK? I could probably join anyway but my latency to servers in America would be aweful...
EDIT: Hmmm... from what I've seen, they have their own servers for the UK here: http://en.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?PART=/Main

They don't have it here, but they release later than the US, so it might take a couple months for them to put it onto Nexon Europe.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Razgrizaces said:
In Combat Arms, which is like a F2P shooter, what a lot of us say is, Free To Play, Pay To Win.
True but Combat Arms (which I played too) was all about pvp. Vindictus is an MMO so there's gonna be more to it so long as pvp isn't the only reason you want to play...

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
Marowit said:
Anyone playing this post-launch? How is it?
I just started it yesterday actually. I'm liking it, it's unlike any MMO I've ever played before. Real-Time combat (no auto-attack crap) and physics make this game awesome. Plus the Graphics are great but since they run on Source they require very little PC resources to play!

Go pick it up, besides it's free, what have you got to lose!

http://vindictus.nexon.net/default.aspx?action=StartGame