Test Your Videogame Weapons Knowledge With a Quiz!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Test Your Videogame Weapons Knowledge With a Quiz!

How well do you know your iconic videogame implements of destruction?

Some games can get by without the slightest bit of combat - nobody's shooting anything in Tetris - but if we're going to be honest here, we need to admit that yeah, most videogames involve punching, stabbing, or shooting someone in the face. There's nothing wrong with that; it's just how things are.

But for every bad guy (or good guy) who is in dire need of a sound thrashing, there needs to be a cool and memorable implement to do it with. We know that Link is going to end up facing down the evil du jour with the Master Sword. We know that Mario is going to be shooting Koopa shells from his go-kart, and that Kratos is going to be chopping enemies into itty bitty enemy-bits with those freaky blades attached to his arms. We can probably guess that the main character of the next Doom is going to use a Big Freakin' Gun, if we're going out on a limb.

This week's issue of The Escapist is all about weapons in games, and so we decided we'd throw in a very fitting quiz alongside it. Our Iconic Weapons quiz is a toughie, pulling from more than two decades of videogame history. You can take it as many times as you want if you get stumped, but remember that repeated tries will - as always - factor into your time on our leaderboards!

Do you think you're ready? Then lock and load, draw your sword, and take our videogame weapons quiz here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/117]!

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
Yay, I'm ranked 3rd out of all Escapists who have taken it so far! So, 3rd out of 4.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
wow, I sucked at this quiz, didn't play more than half the games!

Bobipine

Jan 22, 2010
I have trouble believing that my initial mistake was the question related to Zelda, and not the ones related to games I never played and used educated guesses, oh well, can't know them all. Now to see my score lower tremendously as more people take the quiz.

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
I have a deep urge to shout a oft used Counter Strike taunt, the only problem is that it will give away the answer xD

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Took me a few tries to get them all right, but a few of those were simply because I kept mixing up the acronyms for the counter-strike weapon.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Oh cripes - I would have had a way better time, but TWICE an answer that was used on two different questions screwed me up. However, I can't believe I got the question related to Halo the first time, since I've only ever played one Halo game and remember next to nothing about it. I must have osmosed some info from the web.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
80% ...IM happy with that - Just call me the Quartermaster!!

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
[sub]I miss the personality quizzes that gave neat badges...[/sub]

Well, I got 6/10, which I don't consider a bad score at all due to the fact that I have never played Chrono Cross, the very first Zelda, and a couple others. Needless to say, I'm impressed at my own knowledge of this quiz as a whole.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
No question about the R.Y.N.O? Awwww.

Spacewolf said:
WoW question took me 4 to get right otherwise not to bad
Same here. You should probably edit that, as not to give away the answer.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Got myself a 7/10 which isnt bad when i was just randomly guessing on more then half of them. The only one i knew for sure was the Soul Cal Question.

Eremiel

Apr 24, 2008
Far, far too easy. 10/10 on the first try. I didn't try to go for speed though, so got a leisurely 1:07